Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: book reviews

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1
    Administrator. Graeme

Array

Default book reviews

Read any good books of late ? Tell us what you are currently reading

I'm currently reading " The Freedom Writers Diary"
    Shocked by the teenage violence she witnessed during the Rodney King riots in Los Angeles, Erin Gruwell became a teacher at a high school rampant with hostility and racial intolerance. For many of these students - whose ranks included substance abusers, gang members, the homeless, and victims of abuse - Gruwell was the first person to treat them with dignity, to believe in their potential and help them see it themselves. Soon, their loyalty towards their teacher and burning enthusiasm to help end violence and intolerance became a force of its own. Inspired by reading THE DIARY OF ANNE FRANK and meeting Zlata Filipovic (the eleven-year old girl who wrote of her life in Sarajevo during the civil war), the students began a joint diary of their inner-city upbringings. Told through anonymous entries to protect their identities and allow for complete candor, THE FREEDOM WRITERS DIARY is filled with astounding vignettes from 150 students who, like civil rights activist Rosa Parks and the Freedom Riders, heard society tell them where to go - and refused to listen.
    Ausbb- Australian Body Building
    serving all of your fitness,Body Building needs, conditioning, fat loss, training, supplements and so much more
    New to this forum? Follow these steps:
    1) Register free as a member
    2) Introduce Yourself
    3) Ask questions, post some answers, learn more
    4) Get back to the gym and build more muscle!
    5) Create your own Training Diary
    One team: Ausbb
    Join Ausbb on facebook
    Make a Donation.
    Ausbb Sponsors
    Ausbb 90 day transformation challenge!
    Do you own or use a small Gym?
    AUSBB TSHIRTS

Message to all New comers and lurkers: Don't be Afraid to post even if some of the topics might be out of your league don't hide in the shadows jump into General Topic and get to know some of the girls and guys on the forum

Ausbb is all you need

ps it's Graeme - not Graham

2. __________________

Ausbb Sponsors
    gymdirect providing quality gym and fitness equipment at the most competitive prices
    littleblokefitness new and used home gym and fitness equipment at great prices
    Iron Tanks Apparel Gym & Fitness Apparel
    BioFlex Nutrition Bioflex Nutrition, Australia's Purest Supplements
    Bulk Nutrients 100% Pure bulk Nutrients
    True Protein Performance through Nutrition
    nutrientsdirectsupplemts that deliver

Iherb code : code ZSG863 iHerb.com - Vitamins, Supplements Natural Health Products

I'm reading a book about Michael Jordan "One last shot", its really good...only problem is the writer doesnt tell it how it is, sugar coats MJ23 a bit i reckon.
    Bench 100kg x 6. Squat 150kg x 4. Deadlift 170kg x 2. Hang Clean 60kg x 10. Military 75ks x 1.

Just finished 5/3/1 for football, then busted AC joint in last rugby game of the season. Rehad begins.

Zarkov

Just finished reading the last of 7 volumes of Stephen King`s Dark Tower series.
    Overall pretty good but a bit up and down in places.The storyline gets a bit out of hand at times.
    Roland,the main character ,is a pretty cool type.A lightning quick gunfighter and as he is so quick no one ever comes close to beating him but it doesn`t get boring.
    7/10 from a big SK fan bit non fans may not get to excited over it.

Array

I just found out that one of my favourite authors Terry Pratchet, has alzheimers.

I'm currently reading "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" by Steig Larsson. I've only just started it, but my sister has read the 1st 2 of 3, and highly recomends it.

Its not my usual read, I'm more into Sci Fi and Fiction Fantasy.

I'm readind it while I wait for the next Wheel Of Time, to be released.

Array

A book I read a few years ago but will never forget,

The Damage Done by Warren Fellows.

True story about 2 men that got caught trafficking drugs into Thailand and spent the next 12 years in one of the worlds worst prisons.

They got their protein by eating the cockroaches under the floorboards.

The author didn't want sympathy from his readers, just to make others aware of the consequences of trafficking drugs.

Another good book,

Dinosaur training by Brooks Kubik.

Focuses on developing real world strength by including thick bar training, sandbag and barrel lifting and many other types of lifting not normally seen in your everyday gym.

The book im currently reading, Olympic Weightlifting: A complete guide for Athletes and Coaches by Greg Everett.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrir View Post

Dinosaur training by Brooks Kubik.

Focuses on developing real world strength by including thick bar training, sandbag and barrel lifting and many other types of lifting not normally seen in your everyday gym.

The book im currently reading, Olympic Weightlifting: A complete guide for Athletes and Coaches by Greg Everett.

I've heard that dionsaur training by Brooks is quite good.

Greg's book is my bible with anything related to weightlifting. You sir are a champion

Array

True story about 2 men that got caught trafficking drugs into Thailand and spent the next 12 years in one of the worlds worst prisons.

I've read this book a couple of times -- very powerful and humbling stuff.

My lunchtime book is currently Kamikaze Diaries by Emiko Ohnuki-Tierney. It's part history of Japan's involvement in WWII, part de-bunking myths surrounding the kamikaze and part extracts from diaries of young men trained as pilots as they faced their inevitable deaths. Beautifully researched and written.

June10MOTM

Array

sugar poison

and the tetsosteorne syndrome..

reccomeneded...
    SPNH - Strength Power Nutrition Health
    *Information I provide does not substitute a proper medical evaluation by a medical professional; nor does it constitute practitioner/patient relationship, or liability, in any way.

•   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #9
    Super Moderating Kunce

Array

Crime Through Time - Stephen Richards.

Awesome Read.
    Iherb promo code ZSG863
    iHerb.com - Vitamins, Supplements Natural Health Products

Quote Originally Posted by Darkoz View Post
    You can never spend too much money on tits

Ausbb Facebook Page

extra crispy

Array

They got their protein by eating the cockroaches under the floorboards.

The author didn't want sympathy from his readers, just to make others aware of the consequences of trafficking drugs.
    awesome book that. another good book along those lines is "Marching Powder"

im currently reading "The tale of the body thief" by Anne Rice. ive been slowly working through the vampire chronicles over the last couple of years.