Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lift Heavy Ass Weights

Array

Default Lift Heavy Ass Weights

Found a good article for growing big. the part i liked most i m pasting here.

Lift heavy ass weight. Heavy ass weight makes muscles grow. Heavy ass weight can be in any rep range, because it is heavy ass weight and is kicking your balls seven ways to Sunday.
    What rep range should I use? FAIL! It doesn’t matter – Lift heavy ass weights!
    What should my rep speed be? FAIL! It doesn’t matter – Lift heavy ass weights!
    Should I do cable crossovers before or after flyes, and should incline bench be performed with a 22 degree angle, or a 24 degree angle? FAIL! It doesn’t matter – Lift heavy ass weights!
    What split is the most effective for mass? FAIL! FAIL! FAIL!
    GO LIFT HEAVY ASS WEIGHTS!
    But I don’t want to lift heavy! So and so says that squats are bad for your knees, and my mom is afraid and wants me to take up knitting.
    Both so and so, and your mom (no offense to moms) can barely lift a roll of toilet paper to wipe their own asses. If you want to look like your mom, listen to the training advice of your mom. If you want to pack on muscle, lift heavy ass weight!
    The end!

source: 4 Ways to Get Freaking Huge Muscle and Brawn Bodybuilding and Powerlifting.

Quote Originally Posted by gents.bond View Post
    Found a good article for growing big. the part i liked most i m pasting here.

Lift heavy ass weight. Heavy ass weight makes muscles grow. Heavy ass weight can be in any rep range, because it is heavy ass weight and is kicking your balls seven ways to Sunday.

What rep range should I use? FAIL! It doesn’t matter – Lift heavy ass weights!

What should my rep speed be? FAIL! It doesn’t matter – Lift heavy ass weights!

Should I do cable crossovers before or after flyes, and should incline bench be performed with a 22 degree angle, or a 24 degree angle? FAIL!
    It doesn’t matter – Lift heavy ass weights!

What split is the most effective for mass? FAIL! FAIL! FAIL!

GO LIFT HEAVY ASS WEIGHTS!

But I don’t want to lift heavy! So and so says that squats are bad for your knees, and my mom is afraid and wants me to take up knitting. Both so and so, and your mom (no offense to moms) can barely lift a roll of toilet paper to wipe their own asses. If you want to look like your mom, listen to the training advice of your mom. If you want to pack on muscle, lift heavy ass weight!
    The end!

source: 4 Ways to Get Freaking Huge Muscle and Brawn Bodybuilding and Powerlifting.
    ha! Love it! Thanks

Array

To the beginner or newbie looking at thise article -

i dont like the way some of these articles preach the way we should just LIFt heavy ass weights and not once put in the fact they should be performed with close to 90% perfect form.

Heck i can squat 200kgs for 5 inches but whats that gonna do for me? Screw up my knees and some minor muscle hypertrophy if im lucky..!!

Personally my body grew more when i dropped 20% off my weights used and did the exercise close to perfect form.
    WWW.PTCSydney.com.au
    Strength and Conditioning Gym Sydney
    0421 790 933

Array

You read my mind Ceffo, it's quite misleading for noobies. I assume it was written just to stroke the ego of the author.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    6'4", 128kg - Bulking to 130kg by September...

Recent PB's - Bench 160kg 3x5, Sumo Deadlift 250kg x 1 220kg 3x3, Squat 210kg x 1 180kg x 10, BB Row 120kg 5x5

Array

heavy doesn't have to be 90%, just that its hard to move.
    also it means using compound exercises which you'll be able to use more weight.
    it also encourages the lifter to always look to increase the weight. heavy is a relative term and yes for the most part if your not lifting heavy your wasting your time.

i like the article as many noobs done know what heavy is, and how much effort has to be used.
    Harry

June10MOTM

Array

Quote Originally Posted by ceffo View Post
    To the beginner or newbie looking at thise article -

i dont like the way some of these articles preach the way we should just LIFt heavy ass weights and not once put in the fact they should be performed with close to 90% perfect form.

Heck i can squat 200kgs for 5 inches but whats that gonna do for me? Screw up my knees and some minor muscle hypertrophy if im lucky..!!

Personally my body grew more when i dropped 20% off my weights used and did the exercise close to perfect form.
    If you dont know about form then a heavy squat for you will be 50kg. If you have learnt form then common sense...

200kg for 5 inches isnt even an exercise.

This article i suppose hopes that people are not total retards, although if they are worried aobut the incline of their bench they probably are...
    SPNH - Strength Power Nutrition Health
    *Information I provide does not substitute a proper medical evaluation by a medical professional; nor does it constitute practitioner/patient relationship, or liability, in any way.

Anonymous User

Array

It sounds more like a motivational article than a technical beginners article to me. But some disclaimer would have been good about heavy and form.

June10MOTM

Array

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    It sounds more like a motivational article than a technical beginners article to me. But some disclaimer would have been good about heavy and form.

Then we bring up the KK argument...
    SPNH - Strength Power Nutrition Health
    *Information I provide does not substitute a proper medical evaluation by a medical professional; nor does it constitute practitioner/patient relationship, or liability, in any way.

Array

Quote Originally Posted by n00bs View Post
    Then we bring up the KK argument...
    in the famous words of a certain politician..

PLEASE explain
    WWW.PTCSydney.com.au
    Strength and Conditioning Gym Sydney
    0421 790 933

Anonymous User

Array

Konstantin Konstantinovs deadlifts with a rounded back posture see this

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast