Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cannot get a six pack

Default Cannot get a six pack

Hi,
    I've been dieting and training hard for the past 2 months and had my bf tested at 7.2% at the gym today. My friend tested at around 8% and you can see all six lines. However I am dissapointed at the fact that I just cannot see a six pack! I can see the 2 top lines very clearly and I have literally no fat on me. Is this a possible cause?

I Can't Seem To Get a Six-Pack Even At Low Bodyfat! - Staley Training Systems

Am I doomed with a 2 pack forever? Not that I'm obssessed about it, but it is dissapointing to be at such a low bf with nothing to show for it.

2. __________________

Ausbb Sponsors
    gymdirect providing quality gym and fitness equipment at the most competitive prices
    littleblokefitness new and used home gym and fitness equipment at great prices
    Iron Tanks Apparel Gym & Fitness Apparel
    BioFlex Nutrition Bioflex Nutrition, Australia's Purest Supplements
    Bulk Nutrients 100% Pure bulk Nutrients
    True Protein Performance through Nutrition

Iherb code : code ZSG863 iHerb.com - Vitamins, Supplements Natural Health Products

Active Member gareer has made a donation to the forum!

Array

It's impossible to say without a photo but it is possible your just not genetically gifted in that area...

Focus on your other genetic gifts though!
    Bench - 110kg Deadlift - 190kg Squat - 140kg
    Goals - BP - 115 DL - 200kg Squat - 150kg
    Quote Originally Posted by ceffo View Post
    Ive been wanking since i was 5.. mum and dad couldn't afford any toys..
    Quote Originally Posted by ceffo View Post
    Still I admire a good male body over a females anyday
    http://ausbb.com/member-training-dia...g-journal.html

[QUOTE=John555;123100]Hi,
    I've been dieting and training hard for the past 2 months and had my bf tested at 7.2% at the gym today. My friend tested at around 8% and you can see all six lines. /QUOTE]

- Was your BF test using a 6 point caliper test? IF its those scales they are terribly inaccurate
    - U can be at sub 10% BF and still not see all your abs its the VERY last place that loses fat on your body sad but true.
    WWW.PTCSydney.com.au
    Strength and Conditioning Gym Sydney
    0421 790 933

Post a photo.
    137.5/97.5/150 @ 71

it was a six point caliber test by an experienced trainer (15+ yrs experience)
    I don't have a camera, except a shitty 2 mega pixel mobile phone, and even then i wouldn't know how to upload pics with it

Gareer, im not going to lose sleep over this or anything =P

Have you guys ever seen a photo of arnolds abs? (what am i kidding? of course we all have =P), but yeh you can see his lower 2 cuts arent visible, even though his in contest shape (like 4% or so bf)

I was thinking maybe I have that..

Hard to say without pics. Could be unfortunate (genetics - body fat distribution). 7.2% is pretty low, and I would say most men should see abs quite easily and be quite cut at this percentage. I've helped one kid a while ago with a similar issue - on top of all his compounds, I added abdominal exercises with resistance to actually make the abs "bigger". He was unnecessarily doing the whole 1000 crunches every night.

Quote Originally Posted by John555 View Post
    Have you guys ever seen a photo of arnolds abs? (what am i kidding? of course we all have =P), but yeh you can see his lower 2 cuts arent visible, even though his in contest shape (like 4% or so bf)

I was thinking maybe I have that..
    Could be so.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Minchia View Post
    Hard to say without pics. Could be unfortunate (genetics - body fat distribution). 7.2% is pretty low, and I would say most men should see abs quite easily and be quite cut at this percentage. I've helped one kid a while ago with a similar issue - on top of all his compounds, I added abdominal exercises with resistance to actually make the abs "bigger". He was unnecessarily doing the whole 1000 crunches every night.
    My top 2 lines are very cut, the rest have just a thin layer of skin on them but no cuts. My friend said it could be due to the lack of insertions or something like that

Quote Originally Posted by Minchia View Post
    Could be so.
    Yeh something like that. No fat but no cuts either!

• Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast