Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Grass fed mince

Default Grass fed mince

Im looking for a place in south east QLD to buy grass fed mince. at the moment Im paying $14/kg for organic grass fed stuff from Aldi but its a bit expensive, so Im looking for other places (around Logan ish area) that sell grass fed mince.

2. __________________

Ausbb Sponsors
    gymdirect providing quality gym and fitness equipment at the most competitive prices
    littleblokefitness new and used home gym and fitness equipment at great prices
    Iron Tanks Apparel Gym & Fitness Apparel
    BioFlex Nutrition Bioflex Nutrition, Australia's Purest Supplements
    Bulk Nutrients 100% Pure bulk Nutrients
    Gym and Fitness -Australis's Favourite Gym Equipment Supplier
    Sweat Central Home Fitness Equipment Australia
    True Protein Performance through Nutrition

Iherb code : code ZSG863 iHerb.com - Vitamins, Supplements Natural Health Products

You seriously pay $14 for mince.

Array

TRY Hillman Meat Company :: LocationI used these guys for quite some time when i was a chef and if they dont have it they should point you in the right direction. shoulod be near you , the factory outlet that is.

Hillman Meat Company Address

Shop 4 & 9, 97 Jijaws St
    Sumner QLD 4074

Mickey thanks, I just checked their website and it seems they do have grass fed stuff and they have mince listed but they dont mention whether its grass fed or grain fed. Ill give them a call tomorrow and check it out.

Bazza, no I just like to make stuff up then post it on forums. I pay $14/kg for free range organic mince, you cant reallt compare it to the stuff you get from coles. Its like comparing a coles T bone to black angus T bone, you cant do it.

Quote Originally Posted by kal-el View Post

Bazza, no I just like to make stuff up then post it on forums. I pay $14/kg for free range organic mince, you cant reallt compare it to the stuff you get from coles. Its like comparing a coles T bone to black angus T bone, you cant do it.
    You do realise it's cheaper to produce grass fed beef than grain fed.

It will depend on the area but most beef produced in Australia would be grass fed and "free range" including the stuff from Coles, it just doesn't have the fancy expensive label.

It's all nice marketing, place a grass fed free range label on it and charge more.

O Sancta Simplikuntis

Array

I've heard rounding up the herd of mince is quite messy.

Trying to hang it on the hook is nearly unpossible.

Bazza yes I do realise a lot of the stuff is grassfed but its also grain fed as well. The stuff from coles is a mixture of both grassfed and grain fed beef.

Its grass fed then fattened up for a few months before slaughter on grains. Just because something is cheaper to produce doesnt mean it will be sold cheaper. coles' beef is supplied by Australian country choice, which is hormone free but not antibiotic free, and theyre a mix of grass fed and grain fed depending on whether. If its wet its more than likely grass fed if its dry its more than likely grain fed. In the end you never know which one youre getting though.

Silverback you are indeed a funny man.

Quote Originally Posted by kal-el View Post
    Bazza yes I do realise a lot of the stuff is grassfed but its also grain fed as well. The stuff from coles is a mixture of both grassfed and grain fed beef.

Its grass fed then fattened up for a few months before slaughter on grains. Just because something is cheaper to produce doesnt mean it will be sold cheaper. coles' beef is supplied by Australian country choice, which is hormone free but not antibiotic free, and theyre a mix of grass fed and grain fed depending on whether. If its wet its more than likely grass fed if its dry its more than likely grain fed. In the end you never know which one youre getting though.

Silverback you are indeed a funny man.
    Your being tricked by clever marketing.

Anyway its a free world, spend your money how you like. Just thought I would point out that there is not going to be any noticeable differences.

June10MOTM

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza20 View Post
    Your being tricked by clever marketing.

Anyway is a free world, spend your money how you like. Just thought I would point out that there is not going to be any noticeable differences.
    Says you...
    SPNH - Strength Power Nutrition Health
    *Information I provide does not substitute a proper medical evaluation by a medical professional; nor does it constitute practitioner/patient relationship, or liability, in any way.

Array

No antibiotics in the meat? I'd say that's a good difference.

Kal-el, I live in maleny, and pay $12kg.
    Want to train at a real gym?PTC BRISBANE is where it's at!
    GPC Australia - Quality Australian powerlifting meets

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast