Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Band of Brothers

Default Band of Brothers

One of my favourite mini-series ever. The pacific wasn't as good.

Who else is a fan?

ps. if you haven't watched it you should.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ehwsOL04og]Band of Brothers Official Trailer - YouTube[/ame]
    Player is the hero Ausbb deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector.

Squat Rack Pro Curler

Array

+1
    5/3/1 Crew - Fitness First Home of the High Squat
    Lifts - Current (Target):
    BW
    90kg (100KG)| S 240KG (250KG) | B 140KG (170KG) | DL 260KG (270KG) | OHP 80KG (100KG)
    Adam's Training Log

Array

Yeah, it's brilliant. I did enjoy the Pacific but it was nowhere near as good.
    Band of Brothers is based on a book of the same name written by Steven Ambrose, you should read it I you haven't already. His other books, Citizen Soldiers and D-Day are also awesome.

Yep HUGE fan of this! - watched it acouple of times...as you guys said the pacific wasnt as good...I have always been a big fan of war movies, or learning about war...love seeing things about world war 2 (Mainly the fighting in europe) and also vietnam....would love to see them make one about vietnam...would be epic!
    Broscience kunce

"It's the rare individual who lets themselves be steered by what they feel is their own passion" Dave Tate

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Yep HUGE fan of this! - watched it acouple of times...as you guys said the pacific wasnt as good...I have always been a big fan of war movies, or learning about war...love seeing things about world war 2 (Mainly the fighting in europe) and also vietnam....would love to see them make one about vietnam...would be epic!
    i think it will be a while to make another one.

There is one set in modern day warfare that is very similar to band of brothers what ive head, i just forget the name.
    Player is the hero Ausbb deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector.

Fat Member

Array

Awesome series. Probably one of favourite ever. Managed to borrow the DVD's about 8 years ago from a friend and watched the whole lot in 2 days when I had my appendix out.
    Enemy at the Gates is another good one.
    I agree The Pacific was a letdown.
    Aint no way but the hard way!
    Grippy Lifting Things!

S
    - 230 / D - 250 / B - 140/ BW - 108

Srs feels brah

Array

Dude, thanks for reminding me, good series, was hopeign the pacific would have more about Aussies in it.

'enemy at the gates' was on last night, fuck thats a good movie.

Thinking about buying the pacific and re-watching it...I sort of half-ass watched it last time....
    Broscience kunce

"It's the rare individual who lets themselves be steered by what they feel is their own passion" Dave Tate

Array

Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    i think it will be a while to make another one.

There is one set in modern day warfare that is very similar to band of brothers what ive head, i just forget the name.
    Generation Kill
    It's also brilliant. If you like war movies and the like, especially stuff from the grunts perspective then you'll enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeroy View Post
    Generation Kill
    It's also brilliant. If you like war movies and the like, especially stuff from the grunts perspective then you'll enjoy it.
    Yep loved generation kill!
    Broscience kunce

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast