Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve Reeves talks about steroids in bodybuilding.

Default Steve Reeves talks about steroids in bodybuilding.

[YOUTUBE]B3RhccAyrgE[/YOUTUBE]

Super M0derator

Array

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a night. Set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.”

do I even lift?

Array

6 minutes in, couldn't be fked watching any more, how does it end?

Babycakes

Array

Phwoaaaaaaaaaaaar Steve Reeves was a handsome bugger!

Cliffs?

He is basically saying bodybuilding is dying - the current bodybuilders have turned into a bunch of steroid freaks and their bodies are no long symmetrical or conditioned or human anymore. Steve believes a real bodybuilder is someone who has spent years of hard work, building their body, conditioning their muscles, gaining symmetry and being the best you can genetically be.

Chick at 3:58 made me LOL though

He has a point - the current dudes DO look like freaks. Greene, Cutler, they're just SO big, their bellies SO bloated by HGH, their muscles just excessively large and bizarre looking on physiques that look as if they're made out of play doh!

Reeves is also writing a monthly column for Muscle Development magazine and is appealing to everyone within the industry to cease backing and promoting steroid ravaged competitions and bodybuilders and wants the sport taken back to it's natural glory days.

Reeves said he never took drugs to achieve his physique. He worked out hard, ate well and slept adequately.

Ultimately he's disappointed with the freakish tangent bodybuilding has taken and wants it stopped and natural bodybuilding bought back to the mainstream compeitions

Good post dc! Thankya!

Steeve reeves wasnt natural

Nothing will change in bodybuilding. The fans wanted bigger and better every year.
    Last edited by walt; 13-06-2012 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBaby75 View Post
    Reeves said he never took drugs to achieve his physique. He worked out hard, ate well and slept adequately.
    LOL, yeah right natural.

Babycakes

Array

Hey it wasn't me saying it! lol

I guess the calibre of steroids taken these days are a different landscape? But that's what he said "I never took drugs to enhance my physique".

Interdasting....

Why is it hard to believe Reeves was natural?
    Before I started training: 60 something kgs
    Long term goal: 90-95kgs lean/ripped (5-8%bf)
    2013 Training log
    2013 goals - Bring up weaknesses, get to high 90's with a respectable level of bodyfat (sub 12%).

Array

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBaby75 View Post
    Hey it wasn't me saying it! lol

I guess the calibre of steroids taken these days are a different landscape? But that's what he said "I never took drugs to enhance my physique".

Interdasting....
    Yeah neither did Arnie, Zane, Sergio.......
    Cheal Sonnen "My phone rings, they call me up and say, 'Chael, your testosterone level is too high.' I say, 'Well, how high was it?' They say, '0.7.' I said, 'What's normal?' They say, '0.6.'; I said, 'One-tenth?! You're telling me I'm one-tenth higher than the average man? Re-test that! You must have caught me on a low day."

Hes a liar then lol.

Any bodybuilder.in the steroid era took steroids. There was no natural bodybuilding back then.

In before "oh he looks achievable natural though." LOL

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast