Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Motivate the girl to gym

Rookie

Array

Default Motivate the girl to gym

I have a dilemma, the girlfriend is anti gym. She prefers her couple of walks a week. which I'm sweet with, however I think it'd be awesome if she started gym. But she has the idea if ahead lifts weights she will be a cross between Arnold/amazon with being "bulky".Has anyone had luck convincing there other half its not the case and actually a fun way to work out?

2. __________________

Ausbb Sponsors
    gymdirect providing quality gym and fitness equipment at the most competitive prices
    littleblokefitness new and used home gym and fitness equipment at great prices
    Iron Tanks Apparel Gym & Fitness Apparel
    BioFlex Nutrition Bioflex Nutrition, Australia's Purest Supplements
    Bulk Nutrients 100% Pure bulk Nutrients
    True Protein Performance through Nutrition
    nutrientsdirectsupplemts that deliver

Iherb code : code ZSG863 iHerb.com - Vitamins, Supplements Natural Health Products

tell her the only chance she has of looking like a bodybuilder if she starts injecting a heap of gear and after working out for 5-10 years with a very good diet and even then she likely won't look like one.

Array

My girlfriend dislikes the gym because it feels like testosterone and smells a bit (women have much better senses of smell .... she prefers being outdoors.

Perhaps you could encourage her better with a crossfit style introduction? ... maybe a couple of kettlebells at home?

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    I have a dilemma, the girlfriend is anti gym. She prefers her couple of walks a week. which I'm sweet with, however I think it'd be awesome if she started gym. But she has the idea if ahead lifts weights she will be a cross between Arnold/amazon with being "bulky".Has anyone had luck convincing there other half its not the case and actually a fun way to work out?

Good luck wheels, after 21 years of marriage my wife still has zero interest in lifting weights.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkoz View Post
    Good luck wheels, after 21 years of marriage my wife still has zero interest in lifting weights.
    Bet she has the reverse push up down to an art, every time you try and lay on top of her the pushes you straight off.

Gentleman do not suggest to your other halves they need to "get in shape" I guarantee it ends with her
    1. Not lifting weights
    2. You going through an extended dry spell.
    Last edited by Brick; 16-11-2012 at 11:16 AM.

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Bet she has the reverse push up down to an art, every time you try and lay on top of her the pushes you straight off.

Don not for ther love of god gentleman suggest to your other halves they need to "get in shape" I guarantee it ends with her 1. Not lifting weights 2. You going through an extended dry spell.
    Zing...

Array

How about a walking class around town or out bush?

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post

Gentleman do not suggest to your other halves they need to "get in shape" I guarantee it ends with her
    1. Not lifting weights
    2. You going through an extended dry spell.
    She does pilates so I guess at least she's doing something, although I'd love her to workout with weights it aint ever gonna happen.

Small Fry

Array

Watching thread with interest. You're doing better than me at it - at least your GF is doing a few walks, beats what I've been able to get mine to do!

There's just no desire for exercise in some people.

Would love to see if I can help my GF find a fitness interest, that she'll want to do on her own motivation. Trick is how to do that.

If I could help her find something it would be great, I think, for her. Plus given I spend 4 nights a week with exercise of some sort, she'd potentially get more time with me, which is always a compliant.

But yes you can't force people, and must be careful that careful encouragement and introducing to different things isn't misconstrued as you being unhappy with the way they currently are... Lest you get the comments "don't you love me the way I am", "are you saying I'm fat" etc etc

• Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast