Thread: Risk of bone/spinal injuries from jogging barefoot?

golo

Default Risk of bone/spinal injuries from jogging barefoot?

I was given advice of to never run/jog barefoot on hard surfaces (bitumen/footpath) since it may lead to bone/spinal injuries. Running barefoot on grassy area is ok, he said. Is this true? Since my Junior High School years I usually take off my shoes for longer runs or those that are timed because that way I could run further before needing a break. I found that the shoes would only make my feet sore after the run.

By the way, what brand of running shoes do people find comfortable and would recommend?

Thanks

2. __________________

Ausbb Sponsors
    gymdirect providing quality gym and fitness equipment at the most competitive prices
    littleblokefitness new and used home gym and fitness equipment at great prices
    Iron Tanks Apparel Gym & Fitness Apparel
    BioFlex Nutrition Bioflex Nutrition, Australia's Purest Supplements
    Bulk Nutrients 100% Pure bulk Nutrients
    True Protein Performance through Nutrition

Iherb code : code ZSG863 iHerb.com - Vitamins, Supplements Natural Health Products

chestnut

Default Risk of bone/spinal injuries from jogging barefoot?

walking and running bare foot are some of the best things we can do for our feet. Particularly so if you are a serious runner/athlete.

in barefoot running, you are forced to execute good technique by landing on the mid-foot. if you are a heel hitter, you can do this with well-cushioned heels in running shoes, but landing on your heel while running barefoot on a solid surface would hurt so much you would not be able to do it....barefoot running will help you learn a good technique and strengthen your support preventing injury

this guy reckons the cheaper the shoe, the better. as long as they feel good and fit well,

if you think thats a little extreme or not to your needs and desires, try new balance or ascics. make sure they are runners not x-trainers.