Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: District 9

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1
    Administrator. Graeme

Array

Default District 9

Anyone seen it? What did you think of it ?

I found it to be a poor movie, reminded me of B grade movie from the 80's , the lead in was too long and slow, it seemed like they got 1/2 into the movie with the lead in and realised that they needed to do the rest of the movie so rushed it

and geez then there was the wide window for district 10
    Ausbb- Australian Body Building
    serving all of your fitness,Body Building needs, conditioning, fat loss, training, supplements and so much more
    New to this forum? Follow these steps:
    1) Register free as a member
    2) Introduce Yourself
    3) Ask questions, post some answers, learn more
    4) Get back to the gym and build more muscle!
    5) Create your own Training Diary
    One team: Ausbb
    Join Ausbb on facebook
    Make a Donation.
    Ausbb Sponsors
    Ausbb 90 day transformation challenge!
    Do you own or use a small Gym?
    AUSBB TSHIRTS

Message to all New comers and lurkers: Don't be Afraid to post even if some of the topics might be out of your league don't hide in the shadows jump into General Topic and get to know some of the girls and guys on the forum

Ausbb is all you need

ps it's Graeme - not Graham

2. __________________

Ausbb Sponsors
    gymdirect providing quality gym and fitness equipment at the most competitive prices
    littleblokefitness new and used home gym and fitness equipment at great prices
    Iron Tanks Apparel Gym & Fitness Apparel
    BioFlex Nutrition Bioflex Nutrition, Australia's Purest Supplements
    Bulk Nutrients 100% Pure bulk Nutrients
    True Protein Performance through Nutrition
    nutrientsdirectsupplemts that deliver

Iherb code : code ZSG863 iHerb.com - Vitamins, Supplements Natural Health Products

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Anyone seen it? What did you think of it ?

I found it to be a poor movie, reminded me of B grade movie from the 80's , the lead in was too long and slow, it seemed like they got 1/2 into the movie with the lead in and realised that they needed to do the rest of the movie so rushed it

and geez then there was the wide window for district 10

Me and my fiance started to watch it but we did not like how they filmed it, like a documetary so we did not se the whole movie.

/Mattias
    24/7/12: 73,9kg
    18/8/12: 76kg
    8/9/12: 76,8kg
    1/5/13: 82,5kg

•   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #3
    Administrator. Graeme

Array

yeah good idea , you didn't miss out on much
    i would've walked out except i paid for gold class
    Ausbb- Australian Body Building
    serving all of your fitness,Body Building needs, conditioning, fat loss, training, supplements and so much more
    New to this forum? Follow these steps:
    1) Register free as a member
    2) Introduce Yourself
    3) Ask questions, post some answers, learn more
    4) Get back to the gym and build more muscle!
    5) Create your own Training Diary
    One team: Ausbb
    Join Ausbb on facebook
    Make a Donation.
    Ausbb Sponsors
    Ausbb 90 day transformation challenge!
    Do you own or use a small Gym?
    AUSBB TSHIRTS

Message to all New comers and lurkers: Don't be Afraid to post even if some of the topics might be out of your league don't hide in the shadows jump into General Topic and get to know some of the girls and guys on the forum

Ausbb is all you need

ps it's Graeme - not Graham

Josh_GTiR

Woah, I have heard the exact opposite about this movie. I haven't seen it myself, I find it hard to find time for movies these days.

I seen it, I loved it, it was tense, well directed and the acting well it was deliberate obviously meant to be doco stlye, but the film was great that lead keffer acted his heart out, the cinematography was great.

The story obviously not believable but I really got into it and the overriding theme appeared to me to reflect current day Africa, will refugees and military contractors.

I thoroughly enjoyed the film.
    Bench 100kg x 6. Squat 150kg x 4. Deadlift 170kg x 2. Hang Clean 60kg x 10. Military 75ks x 1.

Just finished 5/3/1 for football, then busted AC joint in last rugby game of the season. Rehad begins.

great movie.. explores the notion of morality, testing of weapons/items on animals/humans and looks at various sections of the apartheid...

was quite smart - swapping the african form for a 'prawn' as it reduced race/gender bias and made the viewer think more than just the surface...

as a final year psychology student I walked away with a plethora of ideas for my dissertation haha
    Current lifts: 1RM (RAW) - SQ: 200, DL: 222.5, B: 140, MP: 105, PP: 120. || Current Height/Weight: 183cm/85kg.

i agree with josh and beer, i actually wanted to see it again. i agree the lead in was a little bit slow however.

definitely the best movie i have seen all year
    Before I started training: 60 something kgs
    Long term goal: 90-95kgs lean/ripped (5-8%bf)
    2013 Training log
    2013 goals - Bring up weaknesses, get to high 90's with a respectable level of bodyfat (sub 12%).

Jas0n

Great & highly enjoyable film - one of its kind in this genera. It was extremely well made relative to its budget, too.

June10MOTM

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Me and my fiance started to watch it but we did not like how they filmed it, like a documetary so we did not se the whole movie.

/Mattias

Yeah that didnt go on for the whole movie..

you missed out on the good stuff
    SPNH - Strength Power Nutrition Health
    *Information I provide does not substitute a proper medical evaluation by a medical professional; nor does it constitute practitioner/patient relationship, or liability, in any way.

thugz8

One of the best movies of the year, period. Great fresh idea. Great acting considering there was nobody in it.

Ive never understood people saying movies are to slow to get started. Have we all lost our patience ?

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast