• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

2011 body transformation contest?

Alpha Moth

Anyone up for it? Would like to see a bit more BB action and less number action. For the people who care more about how they look than what numbers they lift. After all this is a BB forum.

Maybe some sponsors would like to supply prizes? 1st, 2nd, 3rd? I don't know, I guess the biggest reward is what you achieve.

I don't know how long the time span should be, 3 months isn't enough, so maybe 6 or 12 months seems good. Or maybe both 6 and 12 months allowing people to join in the mid-year and go for the 6 month transformation.

Pictures should be supplied before February and the voting will be at new years next year?

Any ideas/anyone that will actually participate?

im in, got some recent pics, may have an unfair advantage, plenty of fat to get rid of..

I am hoping you can include us beginners... Or is it for more eye appealing people? :D

I would definitely be in!

I am going to make some solid progress this year with out deviating from the goal/plan at all.

so how did you want to do this? upload current pics, then in 6 months update again, then in another 6 months at the end of the year, post up again?

what sort of rules should there be?

Current pics, vote at the end of the year... Maybe 2 or 3 pics, like the main body building poses? back, front dbl bicep and something else?

what other rules could there be?

I will be in this. What are we looking for? Mass or ripped or combo?

May I suggest start photos by 31 Jan, and final photos by 31 July and 31 Jan 12? This way you could have 6 & 12 month categories.

Maybe include weight and/or measurements as well. Eg arms, chest, waist etc

I would have been in this, but will stay out this time to give someone else a chance to win ;)

Nah, I'm in.
I took my pics a few days before New Years.

Why not just make this thread the 2011 transformation thread, open throughout the year.
Maybe the winners can be judged based on improvement vs time period, ie, not a set time period but any period over the 12 months.

I've done a 12 week transformation a few times before and had great results, but don't want to do it again, as I always burn out.
This time I'm going slow and steady for consistent gains in the long run.
Not this start, stop, up and down shit all the time......

New members join all the time.
If there are strict cut off dates, many will miss out.
Got to be flexible.

I say keep it open rules and give credit where it's due, as long as the results are achieved during 2011.

Good to see some interest.

It's just mainly to get everyone on the forum motivated. The best reward is the results.

I'm in. What should we have to dress in for the pictures? It would be great to have a comp to try and win. Would put bit more pressure on me to eat well

i think the rules would be something along the lines of this to make it fair
weight: accurate scales!!
bf% done properly: pbviously measured by professional
measurements: all unflexed
same pose photos: eg front double bi, front lat spread, abs and thighs and one of your choice or something

just my thoughts.

Yea a comp would be nice. I'm thinking a 12 month one that will begin 31st January. And in 6 months a 6 month one to allow people to join later.

Prizes wouldn't need to be huge, maybe a new barbell for 1st place, kettle bell for 2nd, and something for 3rd. No idea.

Pictures should be something like:

Front relaxed
back relaxed
side relaxed
legs
front flexed
back flexed

In shorts or underwear. no homo. in GOOD light. no cheating

I don't think anyone here can be bothered to measure BF %. I think a camera will show everyone the transformation enough.

The less complicated you make this, the more people will get involved.
How about front, side and back photo's full height?
Starting weight and height to be given.

I still think you should relax a little on the starting dates.
If someone misses the first cut off, who's gonna wait 5 or so months to get the next start date?
If you want to make it 6 months, let people start when they want and simply finish 6 months later.

Ok so Front, Back, side must be supplied, anything else is optional.

True about the start dates.

Just have the competition end in 12 months, doesn't matter when you start. As long as you post pictures when you start.

fair call about the body fat.

i was just thinking of how to make it more of a level playing ground..