• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

2011 Mr Olympia prize money increased

I'll crack a smile when I see $1,000,000 for the winner. If I had my way, I would have every single IFBB bodybuilder boycott competing for that federation until justice is served.

Fadi.

I completely agree with you Fadi!

Bertil being robbed in 93'. Lee Priest being banned. The list goes on.

The IFBB will fall and crumble one day.

Good.
They deserve more money for winning the greatest prize in bodybuilding.

Just on that, the extra prize money seems to be in other categories.

As it says in the article, "Although an increase in total prize money, the actual Mr. Olympia competiton remains unchanged with a total $600,000 and the winner still getting $200,000."

Fadi, wouldn't that be the day!
Unfortunately with the winner still on $200,000, that Million seems to be years away.

Although, one million TOTAL for all categories doesn't seem too far away at all.

Fadi, wouldn't that be the day!
Unfortunately with the winner still on $200,000, that Million seems to be years away.
I can't remember where I read or heard this, but was there not a time when Arnold wanted to give out a million to the winner in his Arnold's Classic, but was prevented by Joe? If anyone can bump the prize tag to $1,000,000 overnight it would be the Oak.

What bodybuilders need to do is sow the seed first and the way that is done is by throwing it out there for people to talk and discuss it. The more we talk about it, the more we gauge the feeling of who's in and who's out with this idea. There'll always be the loyalists...all for the wrong reasons unfortunately.

By the way HCAM, what is your name (sorry if I've missed it)?

Fadi.

I can't remember where I read or heard this, but was there not a time when Arnold wanted to give out a million to the winner in his Arnold's Classic, but was prevented by Joe? If anyone can bump the prize tag to $1,000,000 overnight it would be the Oak.

What bodybuilders need to do is sow the seed first and the way that is done is by throwing it out there for people to talk and discuss it. The more we talk about it, the more we gauge the feeling of who's in and who's out with this idea. There'll always be the loyalists...all for the wrong reasons unfortunately.

By the way HCAM, what is your name (sorry if I've missed it)?

Fadi.

Arnold certainly did want to make the move to have a massive prize money. It was more than the Olympia but this is against the rules!

The Mr. Olympia MUST have the most prize money of any bodybuilding show on the calender.

My name is Nick, Fadi. Seen printed on most of our articles.
I'm sure we have met elsewhere though :)

if you ever listen to lee priest radio show with john ramano,
you hear lee say all the time that the BB need to stick toghether and strike until they get what they what.
Every single other sport has unions, yet BB just lay down and take it.
Lee always says it there own fault, there so obsessed with winning that if one person strikes they see it as a way to move up.