• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

2013 World Champs, weightlifting

Bummer I don't have Foxtel.

Here's Lu Xiaojun with the new snatch WR 176kg @77:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7vFzCD6DWQ

What I've found interesting from clips of this and the european champs is the increased number of lifters this year using knee sleeves and knee wraps. Lu appears to wear some kind of wraps like the ACE bandages they used to use in the IPF. I'll leave that for the non-raw haters for another time perhaps.

Bummer I don't have Foxtel.

Here's Lu Xiaojun with the new snatch WR 176kg @77:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7vFzCD6DWQ

What I've found interesting from clips of this and the european champs is the increased number of lifters this year using knee sleeves and knee wraps. Lu appears to wear some kind of wraps like the ACE bandages they used to use in the IPF. I'll leave that for the non-raw haters for another time perhaps.

Just to try and put into perspective how impressive and rare this. That's 99kg above his body weight. Most people are pretty happy when they hit body weight, or the 30-50kgs above body weight, or double body weight...but almost 100kgs above body weight...awesome, awesome stuff

Just to try and put into perspective how impressive and rare this. That's 99kg above his body weight. Most people are pretty happy when they hit body weight, or the 30-50kgs above body weight, or double body weight...but almost 100kgs above body weight...awesome, awesome stuff

It is incredible. I am avid fan of olympic weightlifting. I'm just trying to put into perspective some of the widespread hating that has been levelled at the IPF for allowing neoprene knee sleeves for raw. No one would dare suggest anything like that against Lu Xiaojun (nor should they!).

Have Eurosport where I am staying. Will watch 105 and 105+ today. Pity I can't understand what the commentators are saying.

Been watching it on YouTube, people are posting the recordings as they finish...

http://www.allthingsgym.com/2013wwc/

Suprise suprise... Both lu and Liao were slammed on social media by hatters for using PEDs
In honestly, they most likely do, but they have beaten a pool of guys doing the same thing, those countries don't test year round, Russians have admitted it, Chinese have hinted it..
It doesn't give they impeccable technique and the years of hard work they have put in though!!

2 supers lifted 255kg, Iranian just missed 261kg, we3ight slightly behind so he could not hold it.

Russian won 209kg snatch.

Been catching it live when I can and recording to watch later when I can't... Really bloody impressive to watch! Wife has been enjoying it too which surprised me - even had my 2yo son and 5yo daughter glued to the TV for a while (my 2yo told me afterwards he wants to get big and strong like them, loved that :D )

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Been catching it live when I can and recording to watch later when I can't... Really bloody impressive to watch! Wife has been enjoying it too which surprised me - even had my 2yo son and 5yo daughter glued to the TV for a while (my 2yo told me afterwards he wants to get big and strong like them, loved that :D )

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

My 2 year old grabs the broom stick all the time and jumps it up above her head... I'll be taking her to gym as soon as she wants to come... She puts stubby coolers on her knees as sleeves too

I love olympic lifting, finally got my body weight on Snatch this week, great to watch also.
Kendrick Farris FB post

I don't care about Lu Xiaojun snatching 176kgs, him passing USADA's Drug Testing for a year would be more impressive

than he goes on to say the 65kg woman out lifter team usa 65kg man,
interesting read through his comments on that post

I love olympic lifting, finally got my body weight on Snatch this week, great to watch also.
Kendrick Farris FB post

I don't care about Lu Xiaojun snatching 176kgs, him passing USADA's Drug Testing for a year would be more impressive

than he goes on to say the 65kg woman out lifter team usa 65kg man,
interesting read through his comments on that post

I saw that post, I like kendrick, but that was a stupid post!! That's world class weightlifting these days, pretty common knowledge