• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

2014 world weightlifting champs

weightlifting is a great sport to watch.

speed, power, athleticism, and strength.

Some of the lifters, notably Asian lifters, ripped as.

I'm waiting for the youtube channel "FRANK ROTHWELL" to add up the sessions. He normally puts the full sessions on his youtube pretty quick after. I like watching the build up and the outfoxing that happens with the lifting.

Hookgrip and the all things gym instagram (atginsta) are heaps good to follow. Lots of backstage behind the scenes stuff. Dudes sub 100 (im assuming) doing 250 beltless high bar squats effortlessly.

surprised by Albanian winner; he could have won 3 golds but chose to go up 13kg for world record clean and jerk, which he missed.

Won total and snatch though.

Hookgrip and the all things gym instagram (atginsta) are heaps good to follow. Lots of backstage behind the scenes stuff. Dudes sub 100 (im assuming) doing 250 beltless high bar squats effortlessly.

quite commonplace in WL. There are sub-80 lifters squatting 240+ belt less and they wouldn't even qualify for the commonwealth games.

Meanwhile, back in Australia a powerlifter half squats 220kg with 40kg worth of knee wrapping, lever belt and monolift. Gets a trophy!

quite commonplace in WL. There are sub-80 lifters squatting 240+ belt less and they wouldn't even qualify for the commonwealth games.

Meanwhile, back in Australia a powerlifter half squats 220kg with 40kg worth of knee wrapping, lever belt and monolift. Gets a trophy!
Haha.. Not quite that heavy squatting,
Ben Turner has a gold in 69 and a silver in 77 comm games, I don't think he squatted much over 200, still super strong, but don't be so tough on the poor old powerlifters

Haha.. Not quite that heavy squatting,
Ben Turner has a gold in 69 and a silver in 77 comm games, I don't think he squatted much over 200, still super strong, but don't be so tough on the poor old powerlifters

Young Matt Munns squats over 230 at about 75kg. Barely made it as far the shadow team for comm games. Next time he will be group A for sure.

squat max varies amongst lifters.

Bill stellios, when doing his best (180kg clean and jerk), has a best squat of 210kg.