• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

A new excuse for not exercising??

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
An interesting article by Gina Kolata in today's Age newspaper.

By analysing data from six rigorous exercise studies involving 1687 people, the group found that about 10 per cent actually got worse on at least one of the measures related to heart disease: blood pressure and levels of insulin, HDL cholesterol or triglycerides. About 7 per cent got worse on at least two measures. And the researchers say they do not know why.

For those looking for an excuse to avoid exercise, here's one

Interdasting!

I would imagine the small minority who showed increased risk factors with exercise were perhaps genetically predisposed? THAT would make sense, to me anyway.

Good read, I had a chuckle in there, imagining the majority of the general population proclaiming to be 'allergic to exercise' :p

I will, however, remember to source this article next time I just feel like being a lazy bish! lol

What did they eat? Did they start eating more crap because they suddenly were able to exercise?

I got a saying for this group of people.

They're called slugs.

If you act like a slug, you will look and feel like one too.

Ha! This is what one of the bigger ladies was telling me in the office this morning.
She'd just finished telling me how impressed she is and how she wishes she had the motivation to do what I'm doing...and then she told me that exercise damages your heart.
I just rolled my eyes at her and told her not exercising does much worse.
Like some 'motivational picture' my sister sent me says - "If you want to do it, you'll find a way; If you don't, you'll find an excuse".
Sadly, sometimes any excuse will do.

The excercise prolly made them extra hungary....

Went home and pigged out on pizza and cheeseburgers...

Some people (myself included) just need to go down the pharmacy and get prescribed a teaspoon a day of HTFU