• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Advice on home calisthenics routine

Tommymate

Hello there,

for the past ~4 months Ive been doing a regular workout routine after deciding I needed some consistency in my training. Because of my job and other commitments, this programme is a home workout routine, and for now I dont plan on working out in the gym.

However I could really use some advice and critique on my programme from some experienced lifters as I feel it could use some tweaks (maybe many)

Info on me:
70 kg, 178 cm

My goal is to be 75-80 kg with high muscle mass low fat. So I probably need several bulk/cut phases

My training uses mainly bodyweight exercises, but with progressive overload.

Programme as it is right now:
Day 1: Pull up day (with dip belt). 3x 3 sets throughout the day

Day 2: Shoulder/tricep/chest day (mainly dumbbell shoulder exercises and dips/pushups) 3x 3 super sets a day

Day 3: Chin up day (with dip belt). 3x 3 sets throughout the day

Day 4: Shoulder/tricep/chest day (mainly dumbbell shoulder exercises and dips/pushups) 3x 3 super sets a day

Day 5: Leg day (random leg exercises, mostly squats). This is a bit difficult without gym equipment

And then the routine repeats.

The last 4 months ive gained 6 kg and seen decent upper body results, but I feel like it could be even better. So I could really use some advice from some experienced lifters.

Cheers
- Tommy

Your workout routine is good and appreciated. HIIT workout would be a recommendation that you can perform at home and would prove beneficial for fitness and health. 15 minutes HIIT workout routine that you can perform at home and improve your skills. HIIT workouts are easy to understand and can also increase your endurance.