• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

ANU gym comp (April 2, 2011)

spartacus

Results

Nick Warren, born 1985, weight 87.5kg, snatch 85, clean and jerk 115

Lawrence Reilly, born 1989, weight 59.2kg, bombed snatch, 92.5 clean and jerk

Kelly Roe, born 1978, weight 61.0kg, snatch 32.5, clean and push press 40kg

Chris Lewis, born 1961, weight 92.3, did not lift snatch, clean and overhead 100

Ross Lloyd born 1957, weight 93.1, snatch 70, clean and jerk 95

Peter Voss born 1951, weight 102.6, snatch 65, clean and overhead 91

Here is a clip of best lift of day, 92.5kg at less than 60kg body weight.

[FONT=&quot][ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVGOhChJTgo]YouTube - Laurence - 92.5kg Clean and jerk[/ame][/FONT]

Almost missed this thread.

Looks like a very good gym to train at! Good to see a good number of people taking up weightlifting. Is there a proper WL club inside that gym?

I'm very surprised Laurence made that jerk after grinding out the front squat up. Most people would be depleted after that. Excellent effort!

nice work guys. I would be good to have a bit more weightlifting talk on the forum. i think the snatch is pretty much the best lift you can do. If only my arms weren't so long

Yes, it is a good gym; heavy duty gym is away from main gym next door (which is also good).

Main lifters train at night, although only a few of them.

Lawrence and Nick and Zhi are quite good lifters.

I train at lunch time with the older lifters, Ross and Peter, and organise a comp every 3 months for them to test themselves, at least until they find a federation to lift in if they want.

Yes, it was one of the best gutsy lifts you could see.

I will send this page info to others and they may post other lifts for people to view.

Melb Uni has a similar setup: heavy weights room next to the main weight area of the larger gym. We're mostly powerlifters though, only a handful of Oly lifters and two are competing.

There's only one federation in weightlifting so you don't need to look very hard.

Next ANU comp (snatch and/or clean and overhead) will be Sunday July 3, 2011 at the ANU gym.

Weigh in 11.00. Competition will start at 12pm.

There are not set number of lifts, but 2 misses in a row means end to one's lifting.

Also, no rules for press outs, as getting bar extended is enough.