• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Anyone able to critique my first cutting diet?

jsncrs

Hey guys,

Stats -
Weight: 76kg
Height: 165cm

Been bulking for about 3 years and gained around 25 - 30kg. Also developed a bit of a gut during this time, so I'm looking to cut down some fat and re-assess where I'm at and what my next move is.

I've thrown together this diet after a bit of research. Based it off a 40/40/20 template. I've found my maintenance to be around 2400, so I'm aiming for a 300 calorie deficit (adding some cardio.)

Just looking for some tips/pointers from you guys to ensure I do this right.

Thanks guys.

eM8FMAt.jpg

Are you really going to eat that same food each day? Il kill myself after day 2....

Macros look ok, Protein is a bit over kill in my books and i would add more fat

Stick with it for 3 weeks and ajust up or down.

I aggre with the syd's post your protein is a bit over kill, all that really matters is that your are in a calorie deficit.

Reassess very 2-3 weeks and adjust up/down if need.

best of luck

Are you REALLY going to eat 8 meals a day:eek:

And I could not imagine what you would eat for 250 calories for a Family Dinner.

Personally that diet would drive me nuts I have trouble eating two meals a day and I am seriously considering just cutting it back to one (dinner) for convenience sake, but if you can do it good luck with it.

Farily balanced mate - I would increase fats - if your wanting to stick around the same cals you could def get away with dropping some carbs and abit of protein aswell - your really on the high high end of your needs in that regards considering 1.5g of protein per lb is around 250 for you.

Meal 2 looks abit lackluster - maybe have 3 whole eggs with a handful of almonds - you could leave in the carrots and watermelon as they dont really contain anything.

Looks alright mate - if you can stick with it you should do well - I would chuck in 1-2 cheat meals a week to keep you sane though.

Hate it...

Where is the ice cream?

Also hate it when Kunce waste egg yolks... Although no problamo if your buying frozen egg whites..

Its pretty good
If you're after strength then you'll want more fats
But if you don't care about strength, just want to be shredded there is nothing wrong with this

Apart from the food choices, they are very bland indeed. Chicken breast and tuna? I'd blow my brains out before the end of breakfast. There isn't really a lot to keep you full, personally I'd feel starving
Turkey mince might be very good for you. Make some awesome Asian dishes with potatoes for sure. It will keep you very full

I don't like the chicken wings for cutting any more
I can simply eat too many of them. 4kg is no issue lol
They just go down so easy and I am still hungry after

That's simply because there's nothing in them, they're OK for a snack though

That's not including the skin
I weighed them myself because we already had this discussion (yet again)
A 110g chicken wing had 6g of bones. I eat the entire thing and some of the smaller bones, so it's really insignificant

The entire point of chicken wings is the fatty skin anyway. If you want pure protein there are better cuts.

Then it's wrong
I weighed them myself with the 0.1mg scales I use to weigh my cocaine