• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Anyone else get gas from oats?

Alpha Moth

I originally thought it was the milk, but I tried some lactose free milk for a week and I was fine.

I then added oats back into the equation and I started to fart a lot. And shit a bit more.

I read that oats have a lot of fiber and this can cause it.

Is it unhealthy to continue eating oats for me? they are so cheap and easy to eat :(

i just put a cup of rolled oats with a cup of milk, leave it in the fridge a few hours and add some nuts then eat.

No man, it's not unhealthy. Whenever you start eating something like that: high fibre oats / beans / super high protein it can take your stomach a bit of getting used to. Either put up with the gas for a week or so and it will diminish, or stop and then add the oats back in slowly over a week or two.

I then added oats back into the equation and I started to fart a lot. And shit a bit more.
I have a couple of cups of oats a day and shit like clockwork, a few times a day, not many farts these days though, apart from the day after chilli con carne. :)

i fall into this case also...

So the carbs give you the farts in the first place?

AND

the protein makes them smell real bad... i have to check to make sure i haven't followed through some times..

Could be bad break down of starch.. Alot of people whe eating large amounts like we do simply dont have enough of the enzymes needed to properly break down everything..

The result is fermentation in the intestines the byproduct of this is flatulence...

But it could be numerous other things already mentioned. However digestive enzymes can never hurt they are cheap form iherb and make sure we are breaking down our carbs lipids and proteins properly for optimal absorbtion.

I take those ones..

Im justr about to buy some lactase ones as well seperatley...

kid581

there is a $5 discount coupon code on checkout :)

Any particular difference between the one you posted and the ones I posted? Mine are plant enzymes and seem to have better reviews + more capsules.

I got my super enzymes today, just had some oats and one of the capsules, hopefully it works.

I take 3 caps before each meal.

I havnt looked at the plant based ones to be honest. When I'm not on my iPhone I will.