• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
A

anthonysoprano

Hey All,

I've looked and looked (maybe not hard enough) and cannot seem to find any supplement store in Oz that sources Arachidonic Acid (ARA).

Like creatine, I believe ARA scores a 5/5 Clinical Support Rating and 5/5 Empirical Evidence Rating.

I used it some years ago and it REALLY helped with my overall muscular development - together with diet and training (derrrr lol).

It's an omega-6 essential fatty acid and is widely used to increase muscle mass and strength. The feedback on its use as a sport supplement has been strongly positive. Amongst bodybuilders who use this great supplement, an average gain of about 7 pounds following 50 days of use is not uncommon.

Anyways, does anyone know what the deal is with buying this product in Oz and WHERE one can purchase it from ???

Cheers,
Big T

Can't say I've ever seen it for a decent price in Aus...I got it from the states, try Nutri-verse or someone, SNS X gels used to be reasonably priced. Never found it did much/anything for me though

I could only find, on a quick look mind you, two studies.
Both semi-funded by a nutritional company.
And both results were conflicting, and did not monitor nutirent intake in any participants.

Can you show me more? Does seem like there could be a possible benefit with more in depth study.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I could only find, on a quick look mind you, two studies.
Both semi-funded by a nutritional company.
And both results were conflicting, and did not monitor nutirent intake in any participants.

Can you show me more? Does seem like there could be a possible benefit with more in depth study.

Loads of info here with references to a lot of studies, links to each one if you want to read thru them.

https://examine.com/supplements/arachidonic-acid/

What are pounds?

It's just another supplement that might work to some very minor degree, when the big results come from steak and deadlifts.

There is no magic pill. Supplements are just that, supplementary, and when it comes to bodybuilding, most are bunk.

What are pounds?

It's just another supplement that might work to some very minor degree, when the big results come from steak and deadlifts.

There is no magic pill. Supplements are just that, supplementary, and when it comes to bodybuilding, most are bunk.
Haha. Mate. If you are paying attention, thats pretty much my opinion on supplements outside of proper drugs.

What are pounds?

The marriage is going strong.

oh-you.jpg

With all these dozens of supps supposedly helping 2 or 3 % why isn't every kid in the gym who is taking 10 or more different things jacked. I wonder why that is.

Because most of them don't have the training and nutritional knowledge or want to put in the time required to get jacked.

With all these dozens of supps supposedly helping 2 or 3 % why isn't every kid in the gym who is taking 10 or more different things jacked. I wonder why that is.
Because they don't put 100% in to the training and diet to begin with. They're sitting at 75% with everything, including the $500/month worth of supps. You could get the same results by putting in more effort to the things that play a bigger role and won't cost you much, if anything. I'm certainly not 'anti supps' but they should be treated as their name implies. A supplement or addition, not a replacement

Because most of them don't have the training and nutritional knowledge or want to put in the time required to get jacked.
Yeah!

Because they don't put 100% in to the training and diet to begin with. They're sitting at 75% with everything, including the $500/month worth of supps. You could get the same results by putting in more effort to the things that play a bigger role and won't cost you much, if anything. I'm certainly not 'anti supps' but they should be treated as their name implies. A supplement or addition, not a replacement

Yeah!

35682289.jpg