• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

AUSBB Sponsors

PTC

A some of you know, I have a lifting competition coming up.

This year will have more than 40 competitors, every state is represented.

I have always provided trophys, but this year I am organizing prizes. I have asked companys to supply prizes FOR THE COMPETITORS, not PTC.

I have one on board, and I'm seeing a second one tomorrow.

Anyone that provides prizes will get the company name on the T Shirt, these become collectable, I'm dead serious, and I can put up posters around the gym, videos will be seen by thousands of people.

My website has had 10,000 visitors now, not hits, visitors.

The exposure is great, I get nothing, nor want nothing, its for the lifters.

I have no nutritional/supplement company on board yet. Supplements are great prizes. I got some from Vitamin Me a few comps ago, different manager now.

my details are at www.ptcfrankston.com

Cheers

Markos

Australian Kettlebells are providing me with a stack of products to give to competitors and so are JC Protein Cookies. Blue Gum clothing are also on board and I'm waiting for Vitamin Me.

The entrants are going to make out like bandits lol

Sounds good. I wish I could come down, but I am not ready yet. When will the next comp be Markos?

Next comp is on Australia Day.

Its over 2 days. Day 1 is a 5 lift comp (squat/bench/powerclean/overhead/dealift)

Day 2 is strongman comp.

Gym Direct (Hulk) have come on board to sponsor Bash III. Very appreciated, that now makes

Australian Kettlebells
JC Protein Cookies
Blue Gum clothing
Gym Direct

As official sponsors. I'm still wauting for a response from Vitamin Me. The only missing part is a supplement company.

thank you very much Adrian

I feel rude pming anyone direct. Thats why I simply posted in this section. I figured he would see it. I'd love him to come on board, he has a great range of supps.

My website is screaming out for a supplement company, I'm currently directing clients in all different directions, locals plus internet clients.

If I had any spare time I would try and a small company up and running. But that wont happen until November when I finish uni.

Nick, here is teaser

PERFORMANCE TRAINING CENTRE NEWSLETTER
ISSUE # 87
BUT WHAT IF YOU’RE ALREADY STRONG?

Most of the instruction I give in these newsletters is for lifters to get strong. I love the thought of you guys achieving lifts that once upon a time you felt were unattainable. Where an increase in the girth of your arm, or a reduction in your waistline is not always detectable, the weights never lie. You either manage to defeat gravity or you don’t. It’s not complex, but it sure as hell is satisfying.

One of the reasons I gloat about my lifters is that I know their backgrounds. PTC is less than 2 years old, and a high percentage of lifters here were total novices when they began. Regardless, I treat everyone as a novice. Of all the guys that started, Louie was the most advanced. It took me ages to correct his faults, and we didn’t get it all done. We added 15kg to an already strong bench press of 140kg, added 50kg to his 200kg raw deadlift, but never got round to fixing his squat, because for the most part he did that elsewhere. He only added 1kg to that lift.

A more interesting case I wish to talk about is that of Nick. When Nick first arrived at PTC he weighed 92kg and could bench press 105kg. He had got there himself after starting at 78kg.

His first comp at PTC was exactly one year ago. He totalled 706kg. Nick only trains bench press and other pressing movements at PTC, twice a week, he does his other lifts elsewhere.

At BATB2, Nick only benched 126kg at a bodyweight of 101kg. This was his weakest lift compared to his squat of 175kg, powerclean of 110kg, and deadlift of 220kg. We did military press at that comp, and he only got 75kg. His pressing strength was his obvious weakness.

Now lots of you are going to say that his 126kg bench or 75kg MP is not weak. Yes it is. I knew it, Nick knew it. Nick went on a holiday at Christmas time and missed the Australia Day comp, but started back at PTC soon after. Only bench press plus assistance exercises, like MP amongst others.

So one year on from his first comp, his best lifts are now

LIFT BATB2 NOW IMPROVEMENT % increases
Squat 175kg 190kg 15kg 8.6%
Bench press 126kg 145kg 19kg 15.1%
Powerclean 110kg 120kg 10kg 9.1%
Military press 75kg 95kg 20kg 27%
Deadlift 220kg 230kg 10kg 4.6%

HAHA, this one I have been waiting for.

I have read quite a few now and even passed on some newsletters to people here at work who need them. Is there any that are directed at fat loss and ladies or fat loss in general?

Josh GTiR there is at least one about fat loss and quite a few metion it. Dont ask we what number it is as i dont remeber but im sure PTC would be able to tell you.

Also Markos is there anyway to get any new ones emailed to me?

No worries mate. Gym Direct are a great company so if you are looking for fitness equipment, check them out.

Here is a pic of the rear of the shirt, front will be unveiled at the comp.

Thank you once again from behalf of the competitors to the sponsors.

index.php

Horleys are now also sponsoring the comp as well, providing 3kg buckets of protein.

I got your package today Adrian, thank you so very much Gym Direct.

Adrian and Jay, everything has arrived safely, once again, thank you very much to Gym Direct and AminoZ

No worries, glad to hear everything arrived on time. I'm looking forward to seeing some pics and video's next week. All the best for the comp.