• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Back to muay thai

Sydking

I really want to go back to muay thai Training, Usual program is 6 days a week, 3 hours a night Monday to fri and Saturday morning session.

Ive Really cut back on the cardio last while, been doing the Beginner weight program the last 5 weeks, with great progress.

Im doing this every Second day, and days off are chinups and a bit of cardio, Burpees, ect

Now I wont be doing the full 6 days ect ect, I was more thinking of doing my weight session in the morning, Then go to kick boxing for just a hour session at night, Maby 3 times a week to start.

Any expericane on this having and effect with my lifting? I want to see if I can lift the same weight and train muay thai aswell.

If I can lift the same amount and still add weight every couple weeks I don’t see a problem in this. Only benefits.

Are you bulking?

Not intentioanlly, Im eating at or below maint, and lifing as heavey as possible each week.

Im just Gaining strength, If anything i want to loose weight, But need to maintain the mucle. ive been down to 73kg before with just cardio and bosy weight training but still had hight BF 18%.

It may take away from your recovery and you would need to up your calories to account for all the extra work. You can always give it a go and adjust from there. You may also find the progression harder to achieve.

i agree with the recovery time, Mabey some BCCA's during muay thai to help preserve muscle, and upping the protien.

we would do about 200body weight squats a session so they might affect my weighted squat days, Not to sure tbh only one way to find out i think

just becasue size and weight drops i dont see why i cant maintain the strenght, If i can still progressivly add weight every week or two i sure as hell wouldent be going backwards in performance.

Im not fussed on size anyways, im 87kg atm but i need to cut down to 70kg for a fight.

trained at Jin Wu koon china town then redfern/chippendale for a couple years, now a local gym opened in the area PTJ

Cheers, too far for me, I used to train in Cabramatta, the instructor did not even speak English, and the whole class was done in Thai, and there was about 3 non Asians in the whole class, was good fun. :)

hey mate, ive dropped nearly 3kg over the past 2 month, bumped my bench/squats and deadlifts up at least 15kg each, I do weights 3 mornings a week, run 2 mornings a week and train mma 3 times a week, 2hr hard sessions, def can be done, just make sure you eat right

cool, Im going to do My weight session every second day per usual, But Morning before work instead of evening,

Then Muay thai session evening, I could probly work it so i still get a full rest day for a while just to ease into it slowly,

So eg Moday morning lift, Evening Muay thai, Tuesday rest, Wensday Am lift Pm muay thai,Thursday Rest.

OR i could LIft one day and muay thai the next, But lifting would be a bit harder after Muay thai the night before so begin with.

3 hr's a night 6 day's a week? whats an average session look like? When i was boxing session's would last 1.5 hours most. If i was was sparring would be done in under an hour.
Thats enough time for few km run, few round of skipping, shadow boxing, bad work, pad work and some strength and conditioning.

I was doing up to 4 hours with MMA.

Start with the kids class lol for MMA then BJJ for 45 each, Muay Thai for 1.5 hours then either Judo or BJJ for an hour.

I wasn't doing it 6x per week though.

Lots of guys were doing 1.5 in the morning and 1.5 at night 6x week just for Muay Thai, and occasionally extra work for 30-45mins before and after training

3 hr's a night 6 day's a week? whats an average session look like? When i was boxing session's would last 1.5 hours most. If i was was sparring would be done in under an hour.
Thats enough time for few km run, few round of skipping, shadow boxing, bad work, pad work and some strength and conditioning.

Classes are 1.5 hours each, first class is more begginers But alot of the boys will do the "fighter" session after.

Tho a typical session will start with, Skipping, dynamic streches, 3 rounds shadow boxing

Then pad holding, Pad work about 10 rounds

Bag work as were wating to get called into the ring for some 1 one 1 with the trainer, Then we finish with a HIIT style pad work. which the trainer will pyramid to peek mid week then drop back down.

Second class will start with lots of clinch work

Then Conditioning

Warm down then streches

Sparring usually satruday mornings

And expected to be running quite a bit outside of classes.

This is the basics, but it gets varied depending on what were working on that week ect.

No two classes are ever the same, Probly the most addictive Thing/sport ive ever done.

Now training in thailand is a diffrent story,

We trained 4 hours AM and 4 hours PM 6 days a week.

But thats a differant ball game alltogether.

You spar once a week on saturday's? every gym iv'e been to spar at least every second night.

You spar once a week on saturday's? every gym iv'e been to spar at least every second night.

Light sparring is done during class for a few rounds every session

Tho if your on the cards for a up comming bout Proper sparring is done on top of this ofcourse.

The sat sparring is just a after class dedicated sparring session.

I trained in Thailand also. No one was doing 4hrs in the morning and 4hrs at night. 2hrs morning and night was common though.

And by the looks of your session, a fair bit is stretching and light stuff so it isn't like you are going for 2hrs at hard pace. THis should help with strength recovery.

I used to do it:
Mon: mma
tue: weights
Wed: mma
Thu: weight
fri: rest or something light
Sat: mma/conidtioning
sun: weights

Gained strength but definitely wasn't optimal. I'm not a morning person and just can't lift shit in the morning so am lifting wasn't really an option for me.

I trained in Thailand also. No one was doing 4hrs in the morning and 4hrs at night. 2hrs morning and night was common though.

And by the looks of your session, a fair bit is stretching and light stuff so it isn't like you are going for 2hrs at hard pace. THis should help with strength recovery.

I used to do it:
Mon: mma
tue: weights
Wed: mma
Thu: weight
fri: rest or something light
Sat: mma/conidtioning
sun: weights

Gained strength but definitely wasn't optimal. I'm not a morning person and just can't lift shit in the morning so am lifting wasn't really an option for me.

what province/camp you train in??

Do you not have any fighter's at your gym? most decent gym's will always have fighter's in preperation for a bout. My last mauy thai gym had someone on a card most every week, and they can't spa with themselves....