• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Be careful what you wish for....

Bioflex

Site Advertiser
For those that have been following the Test Booster trial thread, please take note.

If you recall there was a lot of talk in there about the legitimacy of running any kind of experiment without proper controls and researchers.

While I agreed to an extent, I figured doing what we were doing with consistent candidates was worth pursuing, although if given the chance it would be fantastic to run something like this (or any kind of supp trail for that matter) as legitimately as possible if given the opportunity.

Well, just last week I received a very interesting email, which I have a copy of below. Please note, I have changed the senders name and his co worker for their privacy:

Hi there,

I have been an avid customer of yours for some time now, and have directly many people I work with, train to your company owing to the quality and range of products, as well as speed of service.

What I am inquiring about today is the possibility of sponsoring some of our research by supplying us with product.

I am an exercise physiologist by profession. I have attached my CV for your interest. Of note, I already have 28 internationally published peer reviewed articles, multiple conference presentations, and am an expert peer reviewer for large international health research bodies as well as international journals.

My co-researcher (Dr. Smith John) is also an extremely well published and cited exercise physiologist.

We are in the process of commencing two specific research projects where dietary control is particularly important.

1. The effect of bicarbonate ingestion on metabolic and neuromuscular responses during repeated sprint cycling
2. The effect of protein or carbohydrate ingestion on repeated training bouts in a glycogen depleted state

The first project requires precise dietary control prior to testing. The second specifically involves dietary intervention as part of the study.

I suggested to my co-investigator that we consider your products for our study, based on the quality I have always experienced as a personal customer.

What we have collated is the amount of product we would hope you would be able to sponsor us for these studies.

5kg Natural Flavour Whey Protein Isolate
8kg Micellar Casein
9kg Maltodextrin

If you are able to assist us in product sponsorship, we will at the very least provide a specific acknowledgement of the sponsorship provided by bulknutrients in any publication of our work (with inclusion of the product manufacturer within the article as well). Other reciprocal arrangements, or collaborations, could also be discussed.

I realize this is not a particularly large amount of product, but at the moment we are initiating an overall research program here at xxxx, and research funding is quite tight.

Kind regards,

John Smith

Information of University and department supplied

Now, after emailing this good gent back with great interest there looks as if there could be all kinds of possibilities from here.
I have mentioned our pseudo test booster trail and the desire to do this on a much larger scale, albeit in a professional manner and the researcher seems very interested.
Obviously we would just be supplying goods and then they would be designing the study from there but the outcome should be very interesting.

He certainly looks to be!
I will discuss with him the option of keeping the forums updated with the work that is going on, results and so on.

You little ripper!

Being a 40-something bloke with a T score of 17, I've been very interested in Horny Goat Weed and other similar supps for a while but haven't bothered due to a general consensus that they do nothing. Looking forward to some scientific dissection of said assumption.

Finger's crossed the goats are onto something!

Cheers,
Mike