• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

BJJ for Fat loss.

k_21

Gents,

Since moving after purchasing a new home about
a month ago (gym cancelled about 3months back)
I've been lacking the motivation / desire & the
dedication to attend a new gym.

Partly due not having a car to travel / partly due to
cost of gym membership and mostly due to lack of
motivation.

Anyhow wanting to join and experience Brazilian Jiu
Jitsu.

Anyone on this forum loose a good portion of there
'beer gut' and also define themselves with consistent
attendance?

Thanks
Devante.

ive just started BJJ a few weeks ago, i'd already dropped a lot of weight going into it but i have noticed ive leaned up a little but i do have a very active job as well. You'll find that BJJ is a killer cardio workout and i cant see why it wont help with fat loss. I nearly threw up one session because i was so exhausted from rolling, ive only ever felt that way being punished with kettlebells at PTC so thats saying something

You could contact gym direct for an interest free finance plan for a cheap gym setup for your new home..

Works out cheaper then a gym memberships or bjj will be.

DO IT!!!

You could contact gym direct for an interest free finance plan for a cheap gym setup for your new home..

Works out cheaper then a gym memberships or bjj will be.

DO IT!!!

I got no place to put a gym. Anyway will give BJJ a go.

I didn't read it properly and for a second thought DKD had created this thread. Or maybe ceffo.

Howdy,

After I stopped fighting competitively, I taught BJJ for a while.

BJJ is a great sport and with a heavy gi on in summer, it knackers you!

Do be aware though, BJJ is somewhat full of politics and crap. I was personally kicked out of a gym in my fighting days because I tapped out the instructor's senior student. I was told it was 'not good for gym dynamics'. What a f'n joke!

John Will is a good person to base your training around if possible I believe.

If u wana lose the beergut, you gotta get your dietting right first. Diet / rest / discipline is 80% of the problem.

BJJ is something i wana learn myself.. at the very least, u're getting good self defense skill

ive been doing bjj for the past 8 months, and although im a skinny guy it has been great at building up cardio and wrecking me, as the others have said, you push your self very hard while rolling to the point of vomiting, especially if you havent gone in a while and have lost your cardio :p

Yeah it's great. All martial arts are. Try Muay Thai and Kickboxing too, both great for flexibility and cardio. I'm considering doing 3 weeks at the WMC in Thailand. Mate just got back, reckons he learnt in 3 weeks what he did in a year and a half here.