• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bodybuilding trainer near North Lakes, Brisbane

CoinFlip

Hi All, does anyone have and recommendations on a good bodybuilding focused personal trainer near North Lakes Brisbane. I'm an out of shape 36 year old bloke looking to get back to my roots.

Cheers,

CoinFlip

Welcome - personally I would pick a cheap gym like snap fitness (or another which has a decent range of equipment) and find a workout regime that fits your life.

E.g. 5 days a week might not work anymore (assuming you have kids now, since your "roots" days). In which case, try a 3 day a week program.

@Admin recently posted a flow chart showing every possible program under the sun. Otherwise, there are some beginner programs listed as stickies on here. Google the exercises if you can't remember them and ask questions on here.

Spend the money on quality food instead :)

Otherwise, find a PT (sorry I don't know any from that area), stick with him for 6 months, relearn all the exercises, get a bit of momentum going and then branch out on your own using the abovementioned programs.

Hey Coin.

I'm the same age and in the same suburb.
I have a cage, Barbell, plates and a bench under my Patio.

I don't train for bodybuilding but if you are trying to get back to your roots then I'm sure you know what you are doing anyway.

Come train for free.
You'll be a powerlifter in no time.. lol

Hey All, Thanks for the responses.

TTT, I've never given powerlifting a crack and would be keen to try. I'm out of shape but my form is still pretty solid. I'd be keen to throw some plates around sometime.

Coin

I've trained at 24/7 in north lakes befor and emailed them a couple days ago to see if the owner would run any training. If I remember correctly, he's a former title holder (don't remember if its for Qld or a high placing at the Aus). Haven't heard back yet.

My reason for wanting a trainer is accountability. Bit weak, but that's where I'm at right now.

Coin

if you want accountability a good training partner will do that for you.

Seeing as I know TTT personally, I would much rather go throw some weights around with him then pay someone $$ just for accountability.

Sticky is holding a comp in 2 weeks time that I will be competing/trying not to break myself at. Happy to meet up before and for you to come along and chat to him too if you like. He seems to know a few things about lifting like tricep kickbacks.
Will be at Northgate at PTC Brisbane.

Send me a PM if you want to catch up.