• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Brown vs White bread

Sydking

So i brined and smoked about 5kg of chicken breast on the weekend so i can have my shredded smoked chicken and mayo sandwiches as a snack at work

I got a loaf of brown bread from the local viet baker.

I check the nutritional label..... More then double the carbs compared to white of multi grain bread.....

I know wholewheat is healthier.... but are the extra cals really worth it when dieting? Ie i can eat 4 slices of white for the same about of 2 brown...

Just eat whatever you prefer. I doubt bread makes up that high percentage of your diet that health benefits of one over the other will make a difference.

I stay away from Viet/Asian Bakeries. They overproof with too much yeast and have no guidelines to follow in production.
I just buy Burgen.

If you make a sammy, and you are using bread just use the bread you like the taste of, it's what's inside the sammich that counts, two slices of bread will not make a big enough differance.

Sourdough is my preferance

Far as supermarket breads go, I dont' mind Abbott's Light Rye. But I prefer to go to proper bakeries and get the real thing, made with actual bread flour (i.e., higher protein, different texture, better).

And there's often a big difference between "brown" bread and genuine wholemeal bread, remember. Not that everyone needs to eat wholemeal bread or brown rice, etc., btw.

brown bread almost as horrible as brown rice.

I eat multigrain mostly; sometimes nice white bread rolls

I'm not racist. I hate everyone equally.

But I love Burgen bread or multigrain bread with pumpkin seeds.

Freshly baked multigrain bread from the breadmaker gets my vote, failing that then Lawsons all the way.

Irrewarra sourdough.
If haven't you tried this you haven't lived.
The bread is the culmination of a 30-hour fermentation and proofing process.

Buy it from Leo's, you got to cut it yourself.

Sydking,I hadn't heard of this before and looking for ways to pre-prepare meals.
how is it done,does the smoking actually cook the chicken ?

I found this link http://www.smoking-meat.com/brining-meat

would be interested to hear how you do it

Hey,

A brine is a great method for white meat, Particularly breast as its add a bit of juice and flavor. Brine is a Salt and sugar solution with any combo of you fav spices.

When smoking meat i will usually cook it low and slow, but those cuts of meat like pork + lamb shoulder are full of connective tissue that need time to break down.

With chicken breast being a lean cut with no connective tissue to break down, I smoked them at a high temperature, around 180c for an hour, this was to ensure the meat dosent dry out.

I smoked them using Cherry wood as it has a lighter flavor then say Hickory. But either is good :)

For a great brine look over in the Weber BBQ section, I posted one called roadside chicken brine. Its been my favorite so far, GREAT on chicken legs and things before BBQing.

Hey,

A brine is a great method for white meat, Particularly breast as its add a bit of juice and flavor. Brine is a Salt and sugar solution with any combo of you fav spices.

When smoking meat i will usually cook it low and slow, but those cuts of meat like pork + lamb shoulder are full of connective tissue that need time to break down.

With chicken breast being a lean cut with no connective tissue to break down, I smoked them at a high temperature, around 180c for an hour, this was to ensure the meat dosent dry out.

I smoked them using Cherry wood as it has a lighter flavor then say Hickory. But either is good :)

For a great brine look over in the Weber BBQ section, I posted one called roadside chicken brine. Its been my favorite so far, GREAT on chicken legs and things before BBQing.

got a link ?
didnt find a weber section,is it under lifestyle ?

do you have any info on the amounts of sugar/salt etc per litre of water

and when you say smoked them you still cooked them above the heat beds but with some
smoke flavoured chips etc ?

got a link to the weber section,is it under lifestyle ?

EDIT
found it :) also found link to aussiebbq

Last edited:
got a link ?
didnt find a weber section,is it under lifestyle ?

do you have any info on the amounts of sugar/salt etc per litre of water

and when you say smoked them you still cooked them above the heat beds but with some
smoke flavoured chips etc ?

got a link to the weber section,is it under lifestyle ?

http://ausbb.com/lifestyle/21429-weber-bbq-cooking-4.html

I use a smoker when il doing big quantities, but most times il use a Weber Kettle, But you need to smoke indirect, Ie away form the coals/Charcoal.

Head over to Aussie BBQ Forum • Index page plenty to learn and cook.

No such thing as smoke flavored wood chips, the wood chips burn and provide the smoke. That is 100% real smoke :)

the type of wood you use will give different flavor, Just start with a bag of hickory from your local bbq shop