• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bulk n rip PLease help

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Btemtd

Hi ppl,

Im 180 cm and 65kg i want to be around 75kg But lean and ripped, My body shape is nice already just on the smaller scale. The problem is when i bulk i do not want to put weight on my face. Should i only be drinking I Protein powder no carbs at all because carbs is what puts the fat on. ANd Another thing im only doing 3 days aweek mon = Chest, HEAVY weights 6 reps of flat bench and incline. And then free weights butterfly i think thats what you call it. tue = Back and shoulders & tris, wed = Arms . Im doing HEAVY weights with a spotter and only doing small reps i like the way i look after the workout but it sort of drops down again after a day or so. Ill be honest im not eating the best of foods and no protein powder. But i want to purchase some. Can someone advise me on some tips. I want to bulk up my body but not my face. And i only can afford 3 days a week HEAVY weights because the other days im alone and i dont have a spotter.

The key to not bulking up your face is that wen training heavy, dont grunt or strain. Flexing your face muscles when underload will have them getting bigger quicker.

On days when you have a spotter, keep your eyes shut when lifting, then you wont see him helping and you wont be tempted to talk while straining.

Another thing that works, and its great you have a spotter coz you need him is, to get him to chew your food for you, then pass it to you so you can swallow.

Chewing food has been shown to build jaw muscles, giving you a chipmunk like appearance, and no one wants that, especially a 65kg guy who doesnt train legs, it will make your toothpicks look even smaller.

Now, this is important, if you like the way you look after a workout, I would get some pics taken, then upon meeting people who may have not yet seen you in your pumped up state, show them the pics and tell them to totally dismiss your anorexic 65kg physique that you are currently rocking.

On the days when you cant go HEAVY, because you dont have a spotter, why not spot for someone else instead of doing your own program. I've seen many a spotter break out into a sweat helping others on the bench. May just be the only HEAVY lifting you actually do.

Keep it real brutha

Hehe...Heed markos advice.
Young man... If you're not paraplegic and not squatting please kick your own ass for me.

Btemtd,

Your knowledge of nutrition, biology and weight training in general sucks balls.

Go out and get starting strength and practical programming by mark rippetoe, because there are far too many things which would need to be discussed here to give you a decent answer.

All i wanted to fukn no is the right repittions to gain mass heavy small reps etc and is protein powder essential after each fukn workout. And is carb a big deal or is pure protein enough, this **** marko sounds like a fkn dumb fk maybe i explained it a complicated way but if you can speak fkn english you would understand my main questions!!!

180cm and 65kg is not just skinny, its god damn annorexic.

Eat whole food with natural protein (eggs, chicken, steak, cottage cheese, tuna, ect) eat every 2-3 hours, get 35g+ of protein per meal. Drink lots of milk.

Train 2-3 times per week with basic compound movements each session. (Squat, bench press, deadlift, chins, dips, rows, military press, powercleans)

Btemtd, a little bit of common courtesy will go a long way. Care to rephrase your posts?

All i wanted to fukn no is the right repittions to gain mass heavy small reps etc and is protein powder essential after each fukn workout. And is carb a big deal or is pure protein enough, this **** marko sounds like a fkn dumb fk maybe i explained it a complicated way but if you can speak fkn english you would understand my main questions!!!

Well I actually major in English so yes I can understand you.

Basically Markos is playing with you because your routine completely sucks, there's nothing of substance in it.

See, your body works as a unit. Big compound movements like squats, bench, deadlifts, military press, pull ups, rows and dips are what will put mass on should make up 95% of your routine, yet currently for you it makes up none.

There is no precise rep range for mass. For most beginners people who start off a rep range that is good for strength (usually 5 reps) is better because bigger = stronger.

As for diet: it really depends on what your current diet is like. By the fact that you're almost as tall as me and about 30kg less I'd say your diet isnt that great - your simply not consuming enough food. Yes protein is important, yes post workout shakes are important too but your simply not eating an adequate amount to gain weight.

Heres a sample diet I'd try:
Breakfast: Bowl of weetabix, protein shake
Lunch: 2 big macs and a large fries
Post workout: 1L of milk and a protein shake
Dinner: Whatever your mum cooks

This is the diet that got me from 75kg to 95kg.

And no it wont be all lean, yes the fat may go to your face (though that depends on genetic factors). Ever seen a huge natural bodybuilder? no, thats because they dont exist. For the majority of the population you have to have a reasonable amount of bodyfat (8-15%) to have a decent amount of size.

Hope that helps. Check out those books I mentioned for more details, they're pretty much the best guide to weightlifting around.

Last edited:
Troll, er I mean Btempted; would you work on a car not knowing how a car works or without reading a manual?

Either way I've seen the likes of you come and go, all the best and god bless.

Ill post pics tonight when i get home! maybe compared to Bulked up guys i seem skinny/anorexic but im actually not. Yes i agree im small I used to be 75kg when i had my g/f but i was eating late at night and alot of carbs and my face was getting abit bloated and wasnt doing much gym, I would like to get that weight back on but not in the wrong places like the face. I want to build my body. Is It Essential to eat protein after every workout, And do i really need to stuff my face with food to gain, Cause i can only see myself getting bloated if i do that. Is 3 Good meals a day With a big protein shake after the workout enough?

Ill post pics tonight when i get home! maybe compared to Bulked up guys i seem skinny/anorexic but im actually not. Yes i agree im small I used to be 75kg when i had my g/f but i was eating late at night and alot of carbs and my face was getting abit bloated and wasnt doing much gym, I would like to get that weight back on but not in the wrong places like the face. I want to build my body. Is It Essential to eat protein after every workout, And do i really need to stuff my face with food to gain, Cause i can only see myself getting bloated if i do that. Is 3 Good meals a day With a big protein shake after the workout enough?

None of us are worried about your pictures.

If youve had weight problems before (though at 75kg I find that hard to believe) you could probably get away with 3 meals and a protein shake after the gym, but they'd have to be protein dense (eg >250g of meat).

You dont squat though so your not going to put much muscle on anyway.

Ok thanks oliver Thats the best reply so far!!!! Hmm so it seems you have to risk bloating in the face to gain mass....Scary as Id rather have a pretty face as im NOT boney and can get Plenty girls!! And i thought junk food is not good for you LIke the big macs Etc. Ok im going to do the breakfast thing The lunch not so much big mac's but maybe 2 sandwhiches And the dinner... and the shakes ONLY on the gym days. And ill try fit in more workout days on my own, My bro went from 70kg to 80kg without bloating his 178cm tall He does have a bigger frame then me. As in wider shoulders Maybe thats why the food had more places to go. But ill will try my way with the eating cause i dont really want to throw HUGE logs in a small fire as in my body prob wont burn it fast enough, Example my brother is 80kgs He eats slightly more then me. So im thinking if i eat like a 90kg man maybe my body will reject the food and turn it into unwanted fat, I think ill build my way up.

I never had a weight problem And the pic is just to prove your imagination of my body is wrong. I just cant put up with the face getting bigger even tho many people told me it wasnt But im thinking maybe cause i was eating late at night and not working out as much as now that could of played a big roll in it. Im very picky when it comes to looks and i can see it in the mirror even by the millimeter margin. Im kinda a fanatic in my face appearance.

Btemtd
READ ALL THETHREADS ONTHIS FORUM! there are heaps of answers to what your after already. HEAPS!
eat 6 meals a day. consume protien with each meal. if u want to bulk. Sqaut, deadlift, Row and overhead press. do those 5 x 5 and heavy, eat 4gms of protein per kg of bodyweight, and you wont put weight on your face and if u do it wont be much, you cant bulk without gaining some fat. do this program

Sqaut 5 x 5
BB Row 5 x 5
Incline Press 5 x 5
Military press 5 x 5
Stiff leg deadlift 5 x 5
Curls 2 x 10
Chins 3 sets of as many as you can

made that up in 20seconds. do that 3 times a week it is infinately better than what your doin

Eat
meal 1 4 eggs + cup oats milkshake of 2 scoops whey powder, oats, bannana, 500ml milk
meal2 tuna + salad
meal3 Chicken/meat salad
meal4 chicken/meat salad/vegies
meal5 150gm cottage cheese

once again above is a sample of what you should be doing. if your doing things right you wont gain to much fat
have a shake immediately after workout

made that up in 20seconds. do that 3 times a week it is infinately better than what your doing.

but go through and read the other threads up.. i already know you probably wont do this program and youll stick to the bicep curls and smith machine. as i see many of your type at the gym.. heres hoping you havent got one of those stupid rat tail things and the blonde streak mohawk thing in your hair.. lol

Last edited:
Ok thanks oliver Thats the best reply so far!!!! Hmm so it seems you have to risk bloating in the face to gain mass....Scary as Id rather have a pretty face as im NOT boney and can get Plenty girls!! And i thought junk food is not good for you LIke the big macs Etc. Ok im going to do the breakfast thing The lunch not so much big mac's but maybe 2 sandwhiches And the dinner... and the shakes ONLY on the gym days. And ill try fit in more workout days on my own, My bro went from 70kg to 80kg without bloating his 178cm tall He does have a bigger frame then me. As in wider shoulders Maybe thats why the food had more places to go. But ill will try my way with the eating cause i dont really want to throw HUGE logs in a small fire as in my body prob wont burn it fast enough, Example my brother is 80kgs He eats slightly more then me. So im thinking if i eat like a 90kg man maybe my body will reject the food and turn it into unwanted fat, I think ill build my way up.

Maybe instead of the mcdonalds you could have a bun, some cheese and 200-300g of turkey/chicken breast?

btw, this is a routine I like: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=998224

Okay, my advice was a joke, except for the bit where your spotter chews your food for you, that s h i t is the bomb

Status
Not open for further replies.