• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
L

LiftAU

Hi All -

am looking at getting a power rack with the cable cross over add-on ....am thinking ...if i were just to get a rack ...could i use band pegs and bands to 'substitute' the need for the extra $ on the cable cross over addition ?

what are your thoughts ?

Cheers

Paul

If you're a beginner then, yeah go for it m8.

But after a short amount of time you'll appreciate the ability to push a heavier weight than bands can offer.

I would splurge the extra $$ if you're serious about training at home.

In terms of buying something like a cable cross over attachment. I look at it this way, how many and what exercises/movements are you going to use it for?
Are there alternatives for these movements?
Could the money be spent better elsewhere?
And you can always buy the add on later

Valid point gents ...thanks ...

obviously there are quite a lot of really good movements from cables ...maybe ill just bite the bullet and get it from the get go ...cheers

Are we talking about cable crossovers or cable lat raises? Why not use dumbells for lat raises...?

DB raises I do as well ....was more thinking generically ...can 'a' cable exercise (its range of motion and resistance etc) be replicated effectively by replacing with resistance bands ...

Buy a bowflex, but serious dumdbells are the best thing.

bands are like fudge, a tool nothing more nothing less.

I like to use bands off my rack in a cable x-over fashion at the end of a chest workout, I punch out a few higher rep sets at different angles with a nice controlled cadence and concentrate on the stretch and squeeze, my pecs are on fire afterwards and the pump is awesome, whether or not it's of any benifit to growth etc I don't know, I just enjoy doing it for variety and it feels good.

Another variation I add to the excercise is once I get to failure on the fly movement I'll go straight into a pressing movement and Knock reps till failure, fried after this.

Valid point gents ...thanks ...

obviously there are quite a lot of really good movements from cables ...maybe ill just bite the bullet and get it from the get go ...cheers
Does the rack have a lat pulldown cable setup and the cross over is an additional thing or is it one and the same?

thanks again guys ...much appreciated ...so i just bought the Force USA F-PC with the lat pull down and cable x-over .....figure i can use bands like how Python has described as a real torching exorcise if need be ...with cable being the working sets ...cheers all

just needed to affirmation that the cables were worth it ...but yeah ...i always 'wanted'' them :)

cheers guys