• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
N

namz

Hi guys ,

I was wondering if I can get some advise and suggestions on workout plan that I can follow to strengthen my CORE and loose belly fat . But my concern is my back , 6 months ago I had a slip disk and since then I have some sort of back niggles and minor issues. I always have to very careful with what I am doing but at same time I want to workout .

Would appreciate If I can get suggestions on what exercises can I do that do not impact my back issue. My waist atm is 34" , I want to take it back to 30-31" in next 2-3 months I m in mid 30s with a avg build.
And I would prefer a home based \ non gym workout.

Thanks in adv !!

Part of the problem here is your back is the main part of your "core". So you need to strengthen your back. You have to stress the muscles to strengthen them.

Avoiding back work will likely make your problem worse.

You have to find back exercises that don't aggravate the problem. I find back raises and deadlifts work great. It will be different for some people though.

I was earlier , not now.

You need to strengthen the muscles that support the spine, it's tricky, you need to consult your physio to establish whether your IVD's are healthy..

You've first got to be in shape to get into shape, your injury was most likely caused by years of spinal movement "under Load" strengthening the tummy exclusively could add to your issues.

rots ov ruck

You need to strengthen the muscles that support the spine, it's tricky, you need to consult your physio to establish whether your IVD's are healthy..

You've first got to be in shape to get into shape, your injury was most likely caused by years of spinal movement "under Load" strengthening the tummy exclusively could add to your issues.

rots ov ruck

Thank you for ur suggestion.
My back started having issues again , I had my another slip disk few months back . Have taken a break from work , visiting physio every 2nd week . Once I start walking straight again , I will look into getting fit again .

Sorry if I was not active in last few months here .