• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Cottage Cheese Connaisseurs

S

Surreality

Sadly Dairy Farmers and Woolworths will stop producing their cottage cheese products. I only found this out today and it's terribly disappointing - we already have such a limited range of CC products compared to the USA (What's fat free CC? Oh, that stuff they don't make in Aus) and now the only decent low fat varieties are being removed from the shelves.

I've tried Bulla before and unfortunately it's got nothing on the two above mentioned brands. The Weight Watchers tubs are similar but are also double the damned cost; going to cost a mint with the amount of it that I eat. I've seen some Quark at a continental deli and again the price is a killer (~$7 for 250g).

Do Aldi make their own brand at all? If they do, is it... edible?

Cheers.

Last edited:
I love Aldi. They sell a 500gram tub. I love it. Tried Bulla, in the small 250gram. I finished it in one go. Liked Aldi brand better.

I got the Aldi one today. It's called Be Light. 500g

125g serve =
106cal, 12.5g protein, 2.8g fat, 7.6g carbs, 375mg sodium

:D

I don't like everything at Aldi, that cottage cheese is ok but then again i'm not a cottage cheese expert.

I can't remember the exact price but i think it was about $3.19

I couldn't find dairy farmers the other day so bought the coles brand one...it was alright.
I hope you are wrong, the dairy farmers one is the best by far :(

The Woolworths CC was also $3.19. I hope that they don't all come from the Diary Farmer's production line otherwise we'll be lacking a lot of CC in this country. The fact that Woolworths pulled their line at the same time as Dairy Farmers confirms that the packaging is the only difference (the Woolies stuff also has more sodium, perhaps incentive to spend more on the Dairy Farmers variant?).

Coles still seems to be getting their product in although their $3.19 tubs are not low-fat and have nearly 500mg of sodium per 100g. There's the "You'll Love Coles" Lite CC for $4.29 which isn't bad (still has more sodium than Woolies!).

I was actually so annoyed by all of this that I sent an email to Dairy Farmers. :p

Might drop in to Aldi today and see what their stuff is like.

Grabbed a tub of Aldi's Be Light CC today and it's not bad. Seems a bit sweeter than what I'm use to and it's not as creamed but I could live with it. ;)

Aldi saves the day! I like their light salad dressings too. The french dressing one i think? I think it's the be light brand and has a green lid. I didn't like the the Italian dressing with the red cap.

Some Aldi things are ok. :)

Yeah I go the Aldi one, it's probably my favourite of the ones I've tried.

Last edited:
Dairy farmers low fat by far...

Although the last one i got tasted more like yoghurt :S

I was eating 500g when training everyday..

How does everyone eat their cottage cheese?

Straight? Or mix it up with something else?

Straight but on stuff like bread or onto of pasta or with vegetables.

I've been eating the Coles Lite one. I like it, same as the Dairy Farmers I started with , then it went out of stock.

I'll get some Aldi Be Light. $3.19 is cheap, I'm currently paying $4.19 for 500g Coles Lite.

I've had it with:

- Bean salads (+ eggs or tuna)
- Banana + kiwi fruits / rock melon + a teaspoon of honey
- Bean salads + avocado + strawberry

or just straight.

Straight up as my mid-morning or mid-afternoon snack. 3 serves per 500g tub. Normally get the Coles light brand.

Cheers,
Mike