• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Cottage Cheese...

M

minihulk64

Does anyone have any tasty ways of eating cottage cheese?? I've mixed it with Jam and it's too sweet, I've mixed it with frozen raspberries, and it was too bitter and sour and made me wanna throw up, and I've eaten it on it's own, and.... YUCK.

I like the idea of how good low fat cottage cheese is, but I just really don't enjoy it. To the point where it makes my stomach turn.

Please help :)

Katie

Really? I like it just on its own. Have you had it with toast? It tastes like chunky creamed cheese to me.

I'm a bit bad, when I eat cottage cheese, I eat half a tub at a time. I've bulked from 71 to 77kg in 3 months! lol

lol, wow thats alot!
Yeh i've had it on toast but see i don't like the chunky bits of the cheese. To me food can only be JUST soft or JUST hard, no in between stuff, coz it reminds me of chunder. lol...

So its not the taste, just the texture? Why did you try and mix it then? I eat it with chick peas. Whole can of chick peas and half a tub of cottage cheese plus some sweet chilli sauce.

I love the taste and texture. I eat it on its own too. I could ea a whole tub too..lol

No no, it IS the taste, but mostly the texture that I cant stand. lol. I pretty much just dont like cottage cheese all together... :(

I used to combine a bit of muesli and sultanas to the mix. Either that or some cinamon and sultanas. Mmmmmm

And you really do pay for taste when it comes to CC, Weight Watchers>Dairy Farmers>Bulla>Generic

Last edited:
I love cottage cheese by it's own. If you really don't like it you don't have to eat it - plenty of other options (eg milk).

lol... I don't like Milk either. ahhaha... I drink soy milk, its tastier. :D
I think I'll try adding the muesli to the cottage cheese. Sounds nice.

And the reason why I want to eat cottage cheese is because I cant stand eggs and milk (they make me dry reach), and as for meat, I love meat, but i'm lazy when it comes to cooking meat and then washing up. So cottage cheese is the easiest and quickest way for me to get a natural source of protein.

I know... I'm too fussy :(

Im with minihulk, cant stand the stuff. I mix it with a little bit of milk, shake him up and chug it down, quickest most painless way of doing it.

lol... I don't like Milk either. ahhaha... I drink soy milk, its tastier. :D
I think I'll try adding the muesli to the cottage cheese. Sounds nice.

And the reason why I want to eat cottage cheese is because I cant stand eggs and milk (they make me dry reach), and as for meat, I love meat, but i'm lazy when it comes to cooking meat and then washing up. So cottage cheese is the easiest and quickest way for me to get a natural source of protein.

I know... I'm too fussy :(
Too lazy to cook meat, don't like milk or eggs, have you considered taking up crochet?

haha!!! i used to like eggs until i started having them every morning for brekky. now i force em down!!! still dont mind them though!!

haha nah but having them every morning gets a bit more like a chore than having them every sun morning only!!

MILO!! omg y didnt i think of it before? I normally add milo to anything that I cant stand lol. It is a saviour! It doesn't make the cottage cheese nice, BUT it's edible now at least lol.

I LOVE MILO! :D

Ask a guy that just ate 250 grams of cottage cheese (half a tub) and a whole can of corned beef anything!

i just ate 250g too lol... but i had strawberry jam :) yummy... well half of katies tub lol... thanks again honey. i must buy some more tomorrow.... its on my to do list :p

i just ate 250g too lol... but i had strawberry jam :) yummy... well half of katies tub lol... thanks again honey. i must buy some more tomorrow.... its on my to do list :p

Jam and cheese sounds ok! :) Anyone try cottage cheese and vegimite?