• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Cramps and Spasms in Forearm

Grunta

Packing a Huge Member
Hi All
This is my first post, I have done a search but cannot find specific threads to my question.

As per the title I have been getting bad cramping and spasms of the forearms, never during training, at night and during the day only, actually during training is the only time I never get them.

If I lock my arm in (thumb trying to touch my shoulder) the forearm muscle will go into an instant cramp, so bad I need to use the other arm to straighten it. When forced straight the cramp stops instantly. It happens a lot at night if I move positions during sleep, need to be quick to straighten them before the lock closed, as that would hurt alot.

I also get spasms of the forearms if I tense the muscle, its way more than a twich, the muscle can clearly be seen moving under my shirt. Once my friend came into my office and I showed him, his response was WTF????? He has also trained for years and has not experienced this before.

The only 2 aspects I have changed are:
1. my training partner is injured, so i have been doing a fair bit on my own, therefore change techniq to slower, full stretch movements with more reps and a little less weight.
2. Stopped taking fish oil, no particular rerason, just couldnt remember to buy any and time went past.

Hoping that someone here knows what that is all about and how to fix it, the next option is the family doc and hes not super keen on BB, reckons its not fantastic for my health, so I'm hoping to avoid him and miss that conversation alltoghether.

Thank you for any help

How longs this been going on?
How much water do you drink per week?
Have you tried electrolytes?
Any other muscle twitches?
How old are you?
How often do you exersice throughout the week?
How long are your workouts
Have you weighed yourself before and after a workout to see if you have lost any fluids?

HI Goosey
Sorry for the delay in response, for some reason could not respond (my response would not show and needed to log in again, but system kept saying wrong password).

This has been going on for 3 weeks.
Have slacked off the water, 1.5L/day
Besides Gatorade have not to tried elctrolytes
Only other problem is tendoens at back of head tightening resulting in tension headaches
I'm 42 yo, but very immature for my age (serious)
Excercise 4-5 days / week,
Workouts last b/w 50-75 minutes (2 body parts)
Drink water like a camel during workouts, so am quite sure I walk out heavier

Only other thing I did that didnt mention is that on the Grand Final w/end I went on a 4 day bender (Benny Cousins style), have dehydrated and depleted myself and thats when it all started. another reason i dind want to be questioned by the family doctor.

Thanks for responding.

Hi

Yes, unfortunately thet includes water during workout, do 1/2L at work and andther 1L during training.

It has been since March since i had a week off (besides the 4 day Grand final bender).