• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Cutting - 12 weeks

Auscallum

Hey guys, Coming up to the cutting season, 2 weeks away.

Ill be cutting for 12 weeks, and will be my first "real" cut.

Haven't worried about counting calories etc before so im all new to it, i understand its not really that complicated when you understand it.

Im just wanting to know how many calories i should be consuming, Ive used a couple of calculators but have given me different answers,

Im 21, 84kg, 170cm, dont know BF% (rough guess maybe 15 - 18%)
Am wanting to get down to maybe 75kg.

If people could post how many P / C / F I should be consuming a day that would be great, and also if you're feeling generous what you like to eat etc.

Calculators I've been using have said a Calorie intake from 2000 - 2800 and an intake of
150g / 200g / 65g

Cheers

Start as high as possible and then lower as you go along, even if it means cutting for longer, you will feel better for it and have more of an appreciation of how your metabolism works :cool:

Those macro ratios look good, so just increase each one accordingly until you hit 2800 or so, don't fret about being dead on, your body doesn't know the difference.

Use MyFitnessPal, best thing out there to track your intake!

Best wishes for the cut!

The main thing you need to understand is those calculators are just vague estimators based on some generalisations.

Pick a total number of calories, perhaps the average of all the calculators and eat that every day for 2 weeks. If you lose weight, you know you are eating under maintenance, if you stay the same, its maintenance, if you gain weight, its over maintenance. Adjust accordingly.

The only guideline around protein/fat/carbs during cutting is you want more protein than normal, at least 1.5g per kg of bodyweight, preferably 2g or more, so I would aim for 170g of protein per day and then balance carbs and fat in a manner than makes you feel good about the food you are eating.

As you progress through the cut, you can gradually remove a small amount in total from your diet, say 100 calories every 2 weeks, toward the end you might speed up such a reduction, depending on your goals.

This is all coming from a fat ass who just does a lot of reading, take with a grain of salt.

The main thing you need to understand is those calculators are just vague estimators based on some generalisations.

Pick a total number of calories, perhaps the average of all the calculators and eat that every day for 2 weeks. If you lose weight, you know you are eating under maintenance, if you stay the same, its maintenance, if you gain weight, its over maintenance. Adjust accordingly.

The only guideline around protein/fat/carbs during cutting is you want more protein than normal, at least 1.5g per kg of bodyweight, preferably 2g or more, so I would aim for 170g of protein per day and then balance carbs and fat in a manner than makes you feel good about the food you are eating.

As you progress through the cut, you can gradually remove a small amount in total from your diet, say 100 calories every 2 weeks, toward the end you might speed up such a reduction, depending on your goals.

This is all coming from a fat ass who just does a lot of reading, take with a grain of salt.

It's true though, and more detail than my post so I applaud you ;)

Thanks Myst and Semillon once my new protein gets in I'll start my new diet and just go 2 x my body weight in Protein and then just add carbs and fats in accordingly and will take on the advice of checking my weight every couple of weeks to check how the progress is and adjust accordingly. Have you got any advice on any extra supplements I should be taking or just vitamins in general
Cheers

Thanks Myst and Semillon once my new protein gets in I'll start my new diet and just go 2 x my body weight in Protein and then just add carbs and fats in accordingly and will take on the advice of checking my weight every couple of weeks to check how the progress is and adjust accordingly. Have you got any advice on any extra supplements I should be taking or just vitamins in general
Cheers

Pre workout and BCAAs during your workout when your approaching super lean states, apart from that nothing else will really do anything.

That being said, I'm currently cutting and taking some Bulk Nutrients fat burner capsules, 4 bottles for $140 so I split half with my wife. The caffeine and green tea powder gives a nice little boost during the day. I'm also using their Acetyl Carnetine powder as it was so cheap and I wanted to give it a try, I had all of last week off training and diet was a little loose, still managed to loose some fat though so every little bit helps.

green tea with breakfast, plus a glass of water before you eat anything in the morning. Will help flush out any extra shit and stuff in your body.

offtopic but do all BCAAs taste as fukn horrible as those from BN? Its like drinking liquid cardboard and even the smallest serve does a damned good job of making whatever it is added to near undrinkable ..

offtopic but do all BCAAs taste as fukn horrible as those from BN? Its like drinking liquid cardboard and even the smallest serve does a damned good job of making whatever it is added to near undrinkable ..

The Bulk Powders stuff is horrific also

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Honestly, I would bulk up to 90kg before cutting. You're a good 6" shorter than me, but I know I won't be doing another cut until I get up over 90kg. Otherwise, I feel that you are just going to spin your wheels (as I did when I cut from 82-84kg to 78kg - I got leaner, but it wasn't as good a result as it would have been with more meat on me to begin with).

However, if you decide to persist with this course of action :)P), then I would read this post:

How to lose fat for Noobs - Part II - Bodybuilding.com Forums

Follow the 3 rules for success. Follow the more in-depth rules, although I don't think it's necessary to go that far.

Good luck.

All BCAAs taste terrible without flavouring. BN sells flavouring kits or flavoured BCAAs, no reason to get normal on its own.

On dieting I think always diet first if you're 20% bodyfat or more. You'll look a lot better skinny with normal musculature than you would chubby with a little bit more muscle mass.

yeah myst i bought some of those pills to, it was a combo 4 in one just to try out.

Yeah judgey but you have to remember if you're an extra 15cm taller then me, so if we stood side to side and said i was 80 and you were 90 most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference in size, that's what ive found with alot of my mates anyways :) ill check out that link though cheers

The latest batch of BCAAs Orange flavour is quite palatable.

Nothing like Xtend, but that's also more expensive!

The worst the taste the better for you I always say.