• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Cutting Water Weight

BrisVegasGhost

Elite Member
For those of you that compete or do photo shoots, what is your preferred method to drop that last bit of water.

The best approach I understand is the water and carb manipulation.
And I have read some people take dandelion root as a natural diuretic.

I have read people drink wine the night before, a can of sugary drink prior to comp or photo shoot. Some sodium load.

Seems to be so many options so would be good to hear what some have tried.
Cheers

There was a whole thread of losing water weight a month or so ago. Search my friend.

Yeah, many ways, I've talked to kunce that will smoke crystal meth to dehydrate themselves.
The last couple of days is IMO the ugliest time, kunce will do anything to shed water.

Yeah, many ways, I've talked to kunce that will smoke crystal meth to dehydrate themselves.
The last couple of days is IMO the ugliest time, kunce will do anything to shed water.

Hahaha yes well that is one way! But doesn't that stuff make your skin crawl? :D

Hey bro
Is this just for a photoshoot or some sort of sporting event?

If its just a photoshoot, why not just use frusemide?

Dangerous drug to fuck around with if you get the dosages wrong, but it's got to be better than meth... No addiction potential for one thing, regulated formulation/production for another.

Yeah frusemide is good, won't touch glycogen. Not going to give dosage recommendations.
No carbs 9 days out from shoot and keep sodium low. Chicken or fish basically. Drink 9 litres of water as well a day. Now 36h preshoot eat your zero sodium carbs. Rice oats potatoes etc. Just real food. Aim for maybe 5g/lb. Yeah that's a lot especially with the water.
Day before, try not to eat or drink after 12pm. I'd stick protein shakes only and consume as much water. Then nothing until shoot. Take any diuretics before you sleep then reassess upon waking

This is exactly what I do for my meets with a 2h weigh in, although I shift the carb up to the morning of the day before or just will only carb up after weigh in

Lol. Very occasionally use frusemide on cows. Fuck people will inject themselves with anything.

Lol. Very occasionally use frusemide on cows. Fuck people will inject themselves with anything.

It's oral for humans, I have some and it's 4mg I think, or 40
I think diuretic use is stupid though. I used them before but never again when you really understand what they are. The fluid loss is just a side effect of how the drug actually works. They are terrifying drugs really. They can be used safely for sure. Plus it's a really short half life, you just take one and wait 5h and see where you are.

Aldactone is by far the safest option here

Bazza, frusemide is a human drug too. Given IV or oral, used in heart failure, liver failure, iatrogenic overhydration, acute pulmonary oedema...

Doesn't make it a safe drug: it's a very powerful diuretic, but just because you use a drug on cows doesn't mean it's not also used in humans.

Bazza, frusemide is a human drug too. Given IV or oral, used in heart failure, liver failure, iatrogenic overhydration, acute pulmonary oedema...

Doesn't make it a safe drug: it's a very powerful diuretic, but just because you use a drug on cows doesn't mean it's not also used in humans.

Oh yeah I know. Most of the vet drugs have human uses as well. But all the self medicating in the gym rat circles never fails to amaze me.

So I can get all this stuff on ebay? Frusemide, meth etc..

100% natural here. Will prob stick with the water load and carb depletion then carb load which I have read about.
Just doing a shoot for the wife, returning the favour for her boudoir shots:D

Her friend does photography and asked if I wanted to return the favour so I thought why not. We have a little one on the way as well so she has been feeling a bit crap so might cheer her up.
Plus been training my ass off and watching my diet and nearly best shape I have been in.

So how much meth do you recommended?:D

I should probably elaborate, for the safety of people here
Frusimide works by pulling water out of the blood. This takes around 2h. Then, over 8 hours, water from the surrounding tissue is pulled back into the blood.

So, if you're already really dehydrated, not recommended at all. A 40mg dose will take out 1-2kg. Dose no less than 8 hours apart but I'd be REALLY surprised if you got an extra 1-2kg out from another 40mg dose. It works better the more sodium depleted and hydrated you are

So I can get all this stuff on ebay? Frusemide, meth etc..

100% natural here. Will prob stick with the water load and carb depletion then carb load which I have read about.
Just doing a shoot for the wife, returning the favour for her boudoir shots:D

Her friend does photography and asked if I wanted to return the favour so I thought why not. We have a little one on the way as well so she has been feeling a bit crap so might cheer her up.
Plus been training my ass off and watching my diet and nearly best shape I have been in.

So how much meth do you recommended?:D

Don't mess with Furesemide if you are not fully researched on it. Diuretics shouldn't be toyed with.

Just get a natural diuretic. Plenty around on eBay and work reasonably well.

Diuretics are worse than anabolic steroids - do not mess with these sorts of drugs please.

If I am trying to cut water weight I keep it simple - from a few days out -

Day 1 - 3L of water/low carb
Day 2 - 4L of water/low carb
Day 3 - 5-6L of water/low carb
Day 4 - 8-9L of water/low carb - Cut water from about 3-4pm
Day 5 - 0 water/all meals whole food (no protein shakes)/ heaps of green tea tabs/or Dandelion tea in the smallest amount of water and a number of bags i.e 5-6 in one cup and report 3-4 times during the day (same goes for green tea if no tabs)
Day 6 - Morning huge high carb meal

I have used this acouple of times in the past for vain reasons - normally drop between 3-5kg.

Diuretics are worse than anabolic steroids - do not mess with these sorts of drugs please.

If I am trying to cut water weight I keep it simple - from a few days out -

Day 1 - 3L of water/low carb
Day 2 - 4L of water/low carb
Day 3 - 5-6L of water/low carb
Day 4 - 8-9L of water/low carb - Cut water from about 3-4pm
Day 5 - 0 water/all meals whole food (no protein shakes)/ heaps of green tea tabs/or Dandelion tea in the smallest amount of water and a number of bags i.e 5-6 in one cup and report 3-4 times during the day (same goes for green tea if no tabs)
Day 6 - Morning huge high carb meal

I have used this acouple of times in the past for vain reasons - normally drop between 3-5kg.

No intention of using diuretics or anabolic steroids.
But what you outlined seems to be the most popular from what I have researched
Some people seem to start the carb reload 3 days out from the shoot or comp.

But hats off to these guys who do compete. I really couldn't be jacked putting my body and life through this. The dieting and training must really mess with their social life. But each to their own.

Last edited: