• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Dextrose

Aaron

Where do you guys buy dextrose? I've had a look in our supermarket and also checked out a local health store... Nothing? Is there anywhere to buy it online at a reasonable price? (ie not branded as a supplement!)

I used to get it from the home brew section at Coles, but they no longer have it.
Have tried Safeway, IGA and Big W near me too, but same deal...

Coopers sell it in the home brew section at supermarkets it used to be in a bag but is now in a box, also try a home brew shop...if you're after fast absorbing carbs WMS or Oatmass are also good.

in terms of pwo is it the best thing to have.

right now i would say im carrying around 20-25% bf and i do not really want to go above this for the next 8 months while i bulk (only making more work when it comes time for cutting)

with a bf% that high already, will the insulin spike just make me fatter rather than help in the 'window of opportunity' ?

From the stuff I've read from Berardi, for maintenance or bulking .8g/kg dextrose PWO. He was talking about dropping this to .4g/kg for people cutting. Personally, I use 40g which is about .5g/kg for me.

Thoughts on adding in some oats in shake also? Bit of a mixture of very high gi carbs and some slower digesting carbs also (quick oats not blended BTW).

in terms of pwo is it the best thing to have.

right now i would say im carrying around 20-25% bf and i do not really want to go above this for the next 8 months while i bulk (only making more work when it comes time for cutting)

with a bf% that high already, will the insulin spike just make me fatter rather than help in the 'window of opportunity' ?

i too am interested in this... (pretty much exact same bf and same time frame for bulking)

Just spent about an hour running around the shops, checked bigw, kmart, woolies and coles and NONE of them have the dextrose anymore. they have a brewing sugar, which is dextrose/maltodextrose for about double the price, but no straight dextrose.

so i am not thinking of just having a protein shake with oatmass PWO and then a proper meal about half an hour later. thoughts??

pistachio, i just bought 25kg/$40 , would be willing to split that in half and post if your keen?

it was all they had, so i bought it. can anyone else help with this info?

you lucky karnts can eat oats ( im gf) so it cuts all oat products out of the equation.

pistachio, i just bought 25kg/$40 , would be willing to split that in half and post if your keen?

it was all they had, so i bought it. can anyone else help with this info?

you lucky karnts can eat oats ( im gf) so it cuts all oat products out of the equation.

i am keen, but the shipping might not make it worth it. if you can find out how much it would cost to ship me 10kgs worth and let me know, then i'll let ya know

probably just 5kg... I can come pick it up tomorrow arvo after work or some time saturday if it suits ya. Send me a pm with whats suits u if u want.

Went to my local Big W and checked their home brew section , shelf completely stacked full of Dextrose, for the people who can't get this maybe you could ask them to order some in. Sometimes if it's a slow moving line they will just delete it to give themselves extra shelf space.