• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Digital Scale recommendations?

davidb0312

Hey guys,

Figured I should get a little scale to use at home to help me track how much I eat and to keep the amounts relatively consistent.

Any suggestions? I know there's a million on ebay but hoping to hear from someone who has bought one....and it still works 2 weeks later.

thanks!

The ebay ones aren't too bad, I have bought many in my life from ebay. All are still working today although I treat them well.

I am sure you will be fine, just choose one that fits your criteria.

Just buy a cheapie off ebay or from Bigw/kmart.

There's barely any good scales in personal weighing. I'd look at the Seca 813. Look at Seca -> AND UC 321 -> Tanita scales.

AND and Tanita are very good and reliable...
i have UH-3202, 3kg/1g, 100g/0.1g about $30 and not too large (probably not available in aus)
tanita KD-407 looks good too

or get an ebay cheapy for a bit less..

Looking to get one too, just wondering what price range 'cheap' comes under for a decent scale as I've never bought one before.

I Think mine were $25 form ebay, with free postage, thers a lot on there but delivery took ages, about 3 weeks i reckon. I have barely used mine though, so can't say anything about longevity...

Looking to get one too, just wondering what price range 'cheap' comes under for a decent scale as I've never bought one before.

Not really much "quality" in personal weighing/bathroom scales. $150-$250 would be enough for a decent one.

$700+ for a cheapie platform scale would be the next step up from there.

Not really much "quality" in personal weighing/bathroom scales. $150-$250 would be enough for a decent one.

$700+ for a cheapie platform scale would be the next step up from there.

I think he is chasing kitchen scales, not bathroom ones

Thanks guys, ended up just getting one for $5 on ebay, hopefully good enough to just measure out protein powders ,rice,sweetpotato etc.