• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Digital scales (for food)

Oli

Does anyone know of a good set of digital scales thats accurate and easy to use? don't mind too much about price.

Last edited:
Omron is pretty good and you can buy them at the chemist. reasonable price for the quality.

I believe Tanita are also very good.

Both offer models with BF% although it's impedance based so the values are all over the shop.
but for weight, they are great.

just had a look myself as i need a good one for home so i can watch weight for comps...

looked up awe, they used to make like a bathroom type scale that is wicked but i cant find it, i came across this though, capacity 200kg with 100g increments 440

The Scale Shop Australia | Digital Platform Scale | Ohaus ES

oh just saw u want it for food, just go to smaller scale on the link 350 6kg capacity and within 2g

fuck still looking at scales, the company that makes the small scales is A&D not AWE lol, check them out

eBay. Just got a set, digital, does weights, liquids, & conversion. Has a pretty small increment too.

well i was going to buy a $350 set of scales until i fucked my laptop while in the middle of sending the company an email about it.... LOL

Thanks for the recommendations Viv. I just got some of the Soehnle. I have ebay cheapies and I know they're not "that" accurate and I do a lot of cooking so good investment. Plus they look sweet :p

I've got the Beurer. Looks great, sleek and does the job. I checked the calibration (as us geeks are wont to do) and it's spot on.

Hasn't failed me yet.

$15 from coles or wollies, There all the same. Keep a 100G weight around just to make sure its calibrated all the time.

OR BN has them for like $12

got mine from k mart brand homemaker measures weight,body fat,hydration,muscle,bone mass percentage,average daily calories intaks,,not bad for $30...