• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Dip Belt

Bazza20

Ok, my bench sucks arse but have noticed that every time i do dips my bench improves. So i am going to give them a decent crack again and see what happens.

Well my cheap leather dip belt is starting to rip. Who makes a good dip belt that can handle some decent weight?

Blue machine rope.

Thats all I've used for the last 3 years. Its had up to 100kg hanging off it, still going strong

Have you tried just putting a dumbbell between your legs (above your knees), and then folding your legs to hold the weight in? I've done this with 45kgs dumbbells before, works fine if you don't have a belt.

How much do you bench btw?

I've got a spare sample neoprene belt with metal chain, i'll give it to you cost price $20. Haven't tried it passed 25kg yet but it took that fine (that is, the other sample - the one i've got is still brand new and in packaging).

How much are you guys using? Seriously, just put a dumbbell between your legs, lock it in with your knees. Easy. It also helps keep your torso upright, which is an added bonus if you are trying to keep the shoulders out of the lift.

How much are you guys using? Seriously, just put a dumbbell between your legs, lock it in with your knees. Easy. It also helps keep your torso upright, which is an added bonus if you are trying to keep the shoulders out of the lift.

Varies. Sometimes I do drop sets with 25kg. Reps can be anywhere from 12-25. Holding a dumbbell is a pain in the ass when maneuvering - I don't dip vertically. I'm slightly tilted forward.

Hope this wasn't just a coincidence but hadn't hit a bench pb for months but 1 week since adding in dips and already a bench pb today.

Hopefully things are on the improve.

132.5 Nothing special at all. Been stuck for a long time despite other lifts improving. So I am happy if it will start going up.