• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Do you Hate Deadlifts too? Some really great tips and information for deads here

I found doing SLDL and DL on the same week prevents progress on either because I need more than 2 consecutive days for my lower back to recover. But I like to do both exercises, so what if I did SLDL in the lighter spectrum of my warm up sets (which in my case is up to 80kg) and then continue with the rest of the warm up and the main set as DL? Any harm in doing this?

I found doing SLDL and DL on the same week prevents progress on either because I need more than 2 consecutive days for my lower back to recover. But I like to do both exercises, so what if I did SLDL in the lighter spectrum of my warm up sets (which in my case is up to 80kg) and then continue with the rest of the warm up and the main set as DL? Any harm in doing this?

You should be doing SLDL's directly after BB squatting.

Deadlifting is just plain tough on the glutes and back.

You need to be doing SLDL's with a fresh back to garner results.

You should be doing SLDL's directly after BB squatting.

Deadlifting is just plain tough on the glutes and back.

You need to be doing SLDL's with a fresh back to garner results.

I just done SLDL after my BB squat today - feels great. I just hope that this time my back and hammies will be recovered enough by Friday to handle the conventional DL (it was my back that couldn't hold tight last time I tried this workout pattern).

I just done SLDL after my BB squat today - feels great. I just hope that this time my back and hammies will be recovered enough by Friday to handle the conventional DL (it was my back that couldn't hold tight last time I tried this workout pattern).

Take it easy with the SLDL's work up to it! It will take some time to reap rewards of your awesomeness.