• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How many of you keep a detailed training log?

• yes

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • no

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
How many of you keep a detailed training log?
now i know many of you keep a log on Ausbb - Australian Bodybuilding , but do you keep a written record ?

I have a book for each training Program ie Conjugate, Linear, PPP, Comp preps.
New program. New book.
Also keep a blog now to separate programs for quick reference and comparison

I have a book for each training Program ie Conjugate, Linear, PPP, Comp preps.
New program. New book.
Also keep a blog now to separate programs for quick reference and comparison

Soon you'll be on hipstagram posting fitspo pic :p and chasing sponsors

I use an android app called Lifting Log. Free app and easy to use, really quick way to record weight and reps of each set.

I also have a spreadsheet with max weight for rep ranges and a built in 1rm calculator.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I have a couple of books. Anything important gets written down. If it doesn't get written down, it's not important.

I have logs dating back maybe 10 years, until about 3 mths ago it was the only way I logged, but now I also keep the log on ausbb.

Since starting my look on Aussbb I have been far more consistent with good progression

My AusBB thread is pretty much directly extracted from an email chain I've sent myself to keep track. Each workout I note what I lifted, along with any notes and what I feel I should progress to next time.

I note any breakdown in form and whether sleep/diet/whatever may have contributed to failings.

If I don't write it down I won't remember it two days later and it's invaluable for remembering things like grip spacing for each lift and which elements of good form I'm forgetting.

A log is a tool that has to be used to be beneficial. I have never cared enough to go looking back through a log to find something so I have never maintained one for an extended period. I have tried but if I'm not going to use it then I don't see the point.

I now just keep tracking of my best set on each exercise. If I don't beat it the next time I work that exercise, I don't update it. I prefer spending more time working in the gym, rather than writing down or typing into my iPhone.

I have a whiteboard in my gym with the last 15ish workouts on it (or whatever fits vertically).

When I get to the bottom, the top gets rubbed out and written over.

I like to see progress, and to know where I'm up to, but in a year from now the information is useless so why bother keeping it?

I keep a log religiously.
Pen and paper only.
Tried phone apps but can't find a suitable one.