• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

does smoking matter?

S

smooga

Hi Ausbb , Yes i admit i smoke and if you don't like it you can go tells someone that cares , now i have that out of my system despite what the general stereotype is , I've recently been exercising , and i'm wondering if smoking would have any affect on ne gaining muscles and burning fat?

Today before i started exercising I weighed myself and I was at 75kgs,after an hour on the treadmil i was around around 74, is this normal? do you start losing weight as soon as you start exercising?

Thanks
smooga

would've been water loss
smoking reduces your fitness level

I smoked for 20 Years and could not put on weight. Yes the weight loss would have been water, you will find your actual weight will vary depending on different times during the day as well. Weight yourself first thing in the morning then before you go to bed, both will be quite different.

As the others have said the above would most likley be due to water loss not actual fat loss.

Everyone is wrong, smoking is really awesome for you and makes you super human. You can see this is true as it has made your body incredible fast at burning fat. I bet you have already developed a six pack and hectic biceps/triceps just from using the treadmill.
From what I've seen in the research that is out there, the more you smoke the more you increase your super-human abilities too.

thanks for the sarcasm"apiewithhoboliftingaroma" lol , i guess i'll have to give up the smokes