• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

dominating everyday life

haz

now that were all getting stronger, is everyone else experiencing the ease at which everyday activities are becoming?

stairs are now easy.
opening jars now easy.
lifting sh*t, now easy, (applies more to the physical labor guys), but try lifting your lounge, it will be easy.
i can sprint alot faster, jump higher.
lifting girls, very easy. (depending on said girl)

but beware the over confidence. two weeks i go i challenged a non-twist top beer and cut my hand.

list the activities that are now easy for you.

Biggest and best change for me was getting rid of my timid-pushover-nice-guy-trying-to-please-everyone personality

so getting my own way has become alot easier

Unlike most people on here, I have a very physical job, on Friday I had to move 3000kg of 30kg concrete blocks up 2 floors, most days my shift at work negatively effects my workouts, after moving the concrete blocks the other day, I had a deadlift session, I was buggered before I even hit the gym.

Although, the other guys I work with who aren't overweight or anything, they play sports etc, they were all buggered, gasping for air, I was sweating, but I was running down the stairs again to get the next block, I don't do any cardio, but by cleaning up my diet and lifting heavy 3-4 times a week, my cardio is well above average. :)

I move stuff and people easy now... but not myself. Stairs are much harder with an extra +20KG, my thighs rub together and crush my balls all the time. There are parts of my back that I haven't touched in a long time...

Can't think of too many things that have become easier, stairs I guess, yeah, legs do feel stronger. Picking my kid up and holding him upside down. Was never that hard before, but even easier these days.

The first thing that comes to mind about everyday effects is more on the negative side. The day after deadlifting, if I have to bend over to pick something up I move almost like an 80yo at times.

I wish I had nutt chaffing :(.

I do alot of carpentr/cabinet making/ stair building....., so all that stuff is getting much easier.

Biggest thing Ive noticed is lifting trusses/frames and rolla-doors above my head, MP has really helped with this, I can be up a ladder and still lift heavy doors/trusses above my head while looking over at my work mates busting their balls trying to lift the other end :)

"oh I must have the light end" ahahah

The first thing that comes to mind about everyday effects is more on the negative side. The day after deadlifting, if I have to bend over to pick something up I move almost like an 80yo at times.
Find a sedentary bloke your age and watch how he bends over to pick something up.

I have noticed dominate all the weights I use on my clients. It's not my fault they are 80 year old joint replacement clients who use 1-2kg on the best of days.
Posted via Mobile Device

Cant single out any activities, but training has fixed my back, making life in general easier. No more waking up with pain, putting it out carrying things or having it feel weak in general.
Posted via Mobile Device

Weights have also worked wonders on my back.

It still gives me the occasional trouble, but prior to weights I would wake in terrible pain, without fail.

I also have noticed improvements in my back... after the doc told me never to lift anything heavy, im slowly increasing my deadlift :)
ever since I was 16 ive had back trouble