• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Drop Deads

Paullie

There has been quite a bit of discussion on drop deads on my brothers FB profile so I thought I'd extend the conversation to here.

If anyone doesn't know what a drop dead is:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F2AknAkXlU]YouTube - Muscle Pit - Drop Deads (Deadlifts)[/ame]

I included drop deads in my routine for 4 weeks, to prepare for the deadlift comp. in December.

Here is me doing them with 150kg.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imYxO38HKYc]YouTube - Paul 150kg Drop Deadlifts[/ame]

and my brother with 130kg.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFanO6oiWfQ]YouTube - Dan 130kg Drop Deadlifts[/ame]

It was suggested to me that these would assist my deadlift, and perhaps should be done belted. I don't do any other deadlift assistance work belted, or my deadlifts for that matter.

Anyway, there has been differing opinion regarding this exercise, whether its dangerous, or whether its like any other exercise we do, we should always be cautious and perform it correctly with the right weight.

What do you think and do you have experience with this lift?

I think you should stop posting shit in my thread unless it supports the OP. The thread was about the safety of this exercise.

Ok, you should bounce the bar really hard so it comes straight back up to yr knees. And dont forget the knee wraps APT strangulators.

I have two problems, one is off the floor, the other is confidence/dealing with heavy loads.

I'm doing deficit deads and UDLs for off the ground, trap bar deads for leg drive, and was doing drop deads to get me used to heaver weights, which Ive now replaced with rack pulls.

I think you have chosen the best option now. You will lift more with Rack Pulls so it will be more inline with what you want.

I think you just need to deadlift

Daniel may be smart ass, but he is funny, I think he is one of the best DL on here

Ask his advice

F u c k me I thought I did, but all I got was a smartass response, even though he might be funny.

I do deadlift, so I'm sure focusing on weakness will make me a better deadlifter right?

How about you just deadlift heavy once a week. I don't think your max deadlift is heavy enough for you to be worrying about special variations just yet. I went from a 120kg deadlift to a 205kg deadlift doing nothing but conventional deadlifting... reps of 5's 3's 2's and a single every now and then. If you are weak off the floor then defecit deadlifts are supposed to help aren't they? What sort of weight are you locking out on rack pulls? is it considerably higher than your deadlift from the floor? Have you tried the PPP program for the deadlift? Choose a program, follow it... and eat eat eat.

Id say your right Micki, but I got 5 weeks now till I want to pull 200kg.

I can trap bar deadlift 200kg, have 210kg in me.

Have rack pulled 200kg from knee height.

I have a new program I created a week ago.