• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Neddysmith

Standard kunce
Hey Guys,

So i have a female friend who has a requirement to be under a certain BMI, the time frame is no more the 2.5weeks, they need to drop maybe 2-3kg.

So while this isnt much at all but they want to be under by a bit so want to drop maybe 5kg to be sure.

I have suggested drastically reducing cals to around 1200, increasing water intake for the next week and half and doing 3 HIIT sessions a day.

Something like.

Hills sprints first thing in the morning, empty stomach.
5 sets of 10 burpees or keep going if feeling ok. middle of the day.
Sprints or Rower HIIT in the PM

Then the last 2 days before weigh in drastically reduce the water intake to dehydrate before the weigh in.

I know this isnt the best practice, but once the weigh in is done and they have made weight, weigh training and eating will resume back at 1800cals they are currently on as well as 3l water intake.

Any other suggestions on the best approach for doing this or is this looking pretty good?

Cheers for the advice and feedback.

Calorie deficit and cardio, both LISS and HIIT. Don't drop the carbs until the last few days, as she'll need the energy on lower calories. When the carbs drop, so will the body's ability to hold onto water.

OK so requirement has change from a couple of weeks to this Friday......

I have advised, keto, basically a couple of protein shake with water and a couple of red meat meals per day for a total cals intake of 1200. No sodium

3 HIIT workouts per day with heavier clothes on to promote sweating and hence increase dehydration, doc appoint is friday morning, last fluid will be mid arvo thursday, the red meat meal thursday night.

Friday morning, last HIIT session with heavy clothes and off to appointment.

Anyone got anything else to add or think this will be OK?

I know not ideal but something these things are necessary.

If it's this Friday, she's left it too late. She'll do more harm than good. Tell her next time to be better prepared.

This was bascially sprung on her at the last minute, there are other factors etc and was prepared for and passed all requirements, EXCEPT this one which there are obviously ways to get around and considering such a small amount of weight think can be done, and as we all know the BMI is a rubbish way of measuring anything (well I fully believe so), i am i just trying to get her over the line in the short time before she can get stuck into things and drop the weight properly.

on a side note, i just checked and for me to be in the "normal" category for BMI I would have to lose 16kg.........

Really she only needs to lose 3-4 kg, the rest will be water.
yeah its bugger all, short term pain for long term gain.....

but timeframe changed to this friday, so she is basically gonna starve and dehydrate herself for the next few days to make weight, then worry about doing things properly after that.

Calorie deficit and cardio, both LISS and HIIT. Don't drop the carbs until the last few days, as she'll need the energy on lower calories. When the carbs drop, so will the body's ability to hold onto water.

Horse shit.

Dropping the carbs has nothing to do with less energy. If you have ever done a proper keto diet you will know that your energy levels increase as your body is working more efficiently.

Each carb molecule holds 2 (or is it 4? I forget) water molecules so dropping your carbs will release an enormous amount of water in a short time. Hence the easy drop of 2-4kg in a couple of weeks.

Drop the carbs completely. That will do more than any HIIT or cardio program. Add in some HIIT as well and you will burn a bit of fat as well.

RFL, minimum carbs, full body workouts. It'll be a hungry few weeks but quite doable.
Hungry few days now. I still think it's do-able, depending on her size. I mean if she's only 45kg it's a big ask but if she's out of the BMI range then she's likely to be heavier and 5kg will be a much smaller percentage to lose.

Unless you're dropping calories, you won't lose any fat. At least carbs give you quick energy and is the body's preferred source of energy.

Going keto for 5 days is a big gamble, in terms of how one's body will adapt. There's also the greater risk of overeating on fats.

Unless you're dropping calories, you won't lose any fat. At least carbs give you quick energy and is the body's preferred source of energy.

Going keto for 5 days is a big gamble, in terms of how one's body will adapt. There's also the greater risk of overeating on fats.

At this stage she doesnt care about dropping FAT, she cares about dropping WEIGHT, which even way possible to meet a BMI target, so dehydrating is the way to go also i see starving herself for a couple of days and completely staying off the carbs which hold water, YES she will be severely dehydrated, YES she most likely wont lose any FAT as such, BUT, I see he dropping a couple kg and therefore meeting a BMI target,.

Is it the right way to do things and to go about it, probably not, are there better solutions, long term definately, but for now this is what we have to run with.

SO i would agree dropping all carbs is the way to go, careful monitoring of cals, which is why i have said a couple of shakes per day and 1 maybe 2 meat meals, maybe one red meat with fat the other lean meat such as chicken breast no skin, this should take care of overeating of fats.

Its only 4-5 days so she can do it this way i am thinking, along with some HIIT session, mainly to increase sweating and burning of extra cals compared to LISS which i actually think burns bugger all cals in short term but i agree is good for burning extra cals while maintaining muscle.