• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Earthquake Bench Bar

ink81

Anyone ever seen one of these? Came up in my youtube thread, looks hilarious, don't know if it would actually be effective for increasing gains though.

[youtube]yWybDN10WJw[/youtube]

This is a rip off of the Bandbell Bar, for which Westside sought patent protection a while ago. Otherwise known as a bamboo bar.

Meant to be very good for people with bad shoulders. The instabliity helps force absolutely strict form and work all the stabiliser muscles.

You're not meant to start off with the kettlebells hanging off the bands. Thats the advanced version you work up to, which is why all those guys having a go at it look ridiculous.

Rogue might be expecting a lawsuit from Louie though.

I doubt it's a rip off. Westside has been working with Crossfit and Rogue for some time now, Rogue sells a number of 'westside approved' or inspired products.

Perhaps they have licensed it from Westside in that case. In any event, it's been around for a while years, albeit known by other names. Not as ridiculous an idea as it looks in the video.

They have one at the gym I train at in Melbourne (ESP), it's an awesome bar. A little better design, I think, than the previous Bandbell Bar because it has spaces where you can put the bands so they're in closer or further out to vary the difficulty of the same weights. Not designed for a heavy or even supplemental movement, but rather prehab/rehab work for the shoulder girdle. It's amazing how much blood you can get in there with this!

You can start with kettlebells first if you have access to the bar, but you would use larger bands with small kettlebells so it's not as chaotic as it is in the video.

Or you can do the Basic version using a regular bar, some bands and kettlebells or plates. I use a doubled up light band (purple band from Gym direct) and 16kg KB's on my bar at home for sets of 20-25 on my max effort bench day.

It's available from Rogue through Westside like the Westside Rack and the Reverse Hyper that they have too.