• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Eating Tuna.. or most fish

GaiLeDouche

How do you guys eat it? I've never been able to eat cooked fish, the texture ruins it for me. Even if its in the middle of like a casserole or something.

Raw fish I can do though.

Any of you guys unable to eat tuna etc but able to turn it around.

i use to eat tuna daily with rice. I got sick of it after a while so i put it in a tuna/pasta bake and tastes quite good now.

I was 100% vegetarian for 20 years. It took me a few years to get used to eating tuna again but I love it now. I'm still really fussy about it ... raw I can handle, a cooked tuna steak is NO WAY and I'm picky about the tinned varieties...usually get the fillets in glass jars - more expensive but much better flavour and texture and not "fishy".

My strategy for getting used to it again was to just have a small amount...and i mean SMALL....about a few teaspoons then about a tablespoon of it and worked my way up from there. It was like getting a kid to eat it for the first time.
I also found dousing in in chilli helped. :)
I love it now though.

I have a similar problem with meat...the smell sometimes bothers me but the worst is the fibrous texture of it. I've tried repeatedly but gave up. I'll probably never eat it again.

Just perservere.

Can you eat salmon or is it also an issue? I found getting gravlax made it easier to get used to as it's cured so like raw.

Can you eat tinned tuna? Have you tried the better brands like Sirena in oil, or Sole Mare in oil?

When I was younger, my mum used to get the home brand stuff, you know, the dark grey, dry, chewy fish. I couldn't stand that shit, eating a tin of that wasn't easy.

But I look forward to my daily tin of tuna in oil now, flesh is nice and pink and just enough salt for taste. Delicious.

How about just dont eat tuna lol...just eat steak, chicken, lamb, turkey....

I eat it straight out of the tin coles home brand 98%fat free in springwater. The trick is to not push to hard when you drain it so it doesnt go dry. I love it