• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Ending the war on fat

all the Time mag is really saying is that it is not bad for you and in moderation is good for you.

they're not pushing extremes. people are just greedy and eat too much of everything. that's the problem.

i know that.

I'm just making a point

yeah, i know :)

but hey, I remember my mum being totally anti margarine when I was a kid. She always pushed the "a bit of everything natural in moderation is good. that artificial crap is just bad"

what happened to that good old common sense? I think people are always looking to blame one thing and looking for one thing to be a magical solution to their poor lifestyle choices these days.

Humans seem to have become so inherently lazy in so many ways.

<insert grumpy old woman pic here> lolz

Fat Is Good for You - TIME

One fad to the next, as in all things we all fall into the trap of "more is better", we go from one extreme to the next, to find middle ground.

Can't see how this is a fad?? Eat a balanced diet in moderation would not really be seen as a fad!

all the Time mag is really saying is that it is not bad for you and in moderation is good for you.

they're not pushing extremes. people are just greedy and eat too much of everything. that's the problem.

Exactly my thoughts.

i know that.

I'm just making a point

Using the wrong article to make a point though.

I have total respect for people who focus on food to find a solution to the fat problem. However I would encourage those same people to perhaps look further at where we're at today as far as general activities and simply moving our bodies (as we were designed to) is concerned. That is why I wrote this: The 10,000 steps a day thread.

We need to recognise and we must recognise that we do have a battle on our hands with the fat epidemic. However it would simply be foolish and too simplistic to think that we could somehow win this battle fighting it only one of its fronts, when we could (and should) exploit its other weakness that is related to moving.

By all means, carry on with your discussions that are based on the nutritional aspect related to this problem, but don't lose sight of the big picture by leaving out the main saviour in charge of our lymphatic system (drainage system) which relies heavily on us simply moving......more!

Fadi.

[MENTION=2727]Fadi[/MENTION]; with all respect, my comments were not about food, but about general lifestyle choices ... people are inherently lazy - making poor diet choices AND not moving.

I recognise that, for some people, making good choices regarding diet can be extremely difficult, given that good wholesome food generally costs much more than rubbish. But everyone can make choices to be more active.

@Fadi ; with all respect, my comments were not about food, but about general lifestyle choices ... people are inherently lazy - making poor diet choices AND not moving.

I recognise that, for some people, making good choices regarding diet can be extremely difficult, given that good wholesome food generally costs much more than rubbish. But everyone can make choices to be more active.

Hi Vivian,

My post was directed at what I read in this article called "Ending the War on Fat". I agree with you, with all the tempting junk foods out there, coupled with our busy lifestyles and laid back attitudes, we need to make a conscious decision for "lifestyle choices"...easier said than done!

Fadi.

[MENTION=2727]Fadi[/MENTION]; I think that if one wants to do it, one finds a way, in the majority of circumstances.
i've had a shocker of a year and have found myself having to make some hard choices due to lack of income for significant periods but I have always found a way to make good choices.

In the majority of cases, it's about what one really wants. There are always exceptions of course.
But in terms of physical activity, unless there is a reason you are immobile, there is really no excuse.

Humans seem to have become so inherently lazy in so many ways.

May be some people have, but I have always found the opposite, when I am busy, working long hours and doing stuff like renovating and basically just being flat out and not being lazy at all is when I put on weight and get out of shape, when I am just working normal hours, not doing anything else I generally get fit and into good shape as I have the spare time to do so.

So I don't think it's always lazy, it might be quite the opposite with other priorities.

@Fadi ; I think that if one wants to do it, one finds a way, in the majority of circumstances.
i've had a shocker of a year and have found myself having to make some hard choices due to lack of income for significant periods but I have always found a way to make good choices.

In the majority of cases, it's about what one really wants. There are always exceptions of course.
But in terms of physical activity, unless there is a reason you are immobile, there is really no excuse.

Well the unhealthiest I have even been is when I was the busiest, working long hours, seven days a week, for example my wife is currently doing a minimum of 72 hours a week at work, sometimes more, does not leave any time to exercise or do anything. She is out the door at 6:30am and usually gets home between 7:00 and 8:00PM a minimum of 6 days a week, then we have two kids under 10, two dogs, two cats and a house to take care of, and 1 acre block to mow and care for, I am doing it easy with around 50hrs a week, so I am stuck doing a lot of the house work while things are busy.

Trust me I have had to cut back on exercise and training just to get by day to day missing a few training sessions along the way.

When she was at home full time and I was doing 40hrs a week I had plenty of time to train every day, but we were not saving a shit load of money like we are now, it's priorities that matter and take up peoples time, while the $$ are there we are making the most of it, and before you know it we will be back to me doing 40hr weeks and her being at home.

Last edited:
Few things here. I doubt many people are too busy for exercise. You just make time and not excuses.

I also don't believe in out exercising diet. Anyone with a decent appetite can overeat a hours worth of exercise in a couple minutes. You just have to watch what you eat.