• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Fadi on the power clean

nazzysmith

kuncesmith
Will put up footage of Fadi from his recent time at PTC on the power clean...

Will add more over the next week or so....

This one is Fadi showing one of the common mistakes seen. (Reminds me of cross fitters)

Note that Fadi does not think about it when he power cleans... It just happens... However he had to stop for a moment when he had to think about doing the clean wrong...

Watch the difference when he adds hips...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKXLpucIfUY

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKXLpucIfUY[/ame]

I am not even sure what to say here. I can see the difference. But damn when he adds the hips in, and his overall bar control... hell i'd be happy to do that with just the bar...! And I suspect it would take me lots and lots of practice to get to that point.

I watched the video 4 times and I'm with perceive. I can't imagine doing that with the bar, let alone with weights on it.
wow.
that's some amazing control Fadi!!!

Will put up footage of Fadi from his recent time at PTC on the power clean...

Will add more over the next week or so....

This one is Fadi showing one of the common mistakes seen. (Reminds me of cross fitters)

Note that Fadi does not think about it when he power cleans... It just happens... However he had to stop for a moment when he had to think about doing the clean wrong...

Watch the difference when he adds hips...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKXLpucIfUY&feature=youtube_gdata_player
I'm not perfect at power cleaning, but since I've learned about what he's demonstrating here, I've found that I now have to think about it, too, if I want to show someone how not to do it.

To perceive and ccm, it's actually easier to do it this way than the former wrong way he showed. I found a decent drill for learning it is just doing hang cleans, or even hang high pulls, starting from hips and knees only slightly bent, swinging the bar out away from you slightly, and then bringing it back in, thrusting your thighs into it as it comes back towards you, and snap (probably not the best word to use here, but I can't think of a better way to describe it right now) the weight up.

I'm not perfect at power cleaning, but since I've learned about what he's demonstrating here, I've found that I now have to think about it, too, if I want to show someone how not to do it.

To perceive and ccm, it's actually easier to do it this way than the former wrong way he showed. I found a decent drill for learning it is just doing hang cleans, or even hang high pulls, starting from hips and knees only slightly bent, swinging the bar out away from you slightly, and then bringing it back in, thrusting your thighs into it as it comes back towards you, and snap (probably not the best word to use here, but I can't think of a better way to describe it right now) the weight up.

it makes a lot of sense, the way you describe it actually.
I know it seems a world away but when you do kettlebell cleans, it's not entirely a dissimilar principle. most of the action there really comes from the hips and the knees being "soft" but not really bent.

i like the shirt Fadi is wearing
great watching the man in action , thanks nazzy for taking the time to upload it for us

First one is pretty much me lol
I just deadlift the bar and carry it up with momentum
Will try with hip pop, which is weird because I do kettlebell swings all the damn time and have good hip pop them them so you'd think I'd fucking figure out that shit myself but NOPE

Fadi at PTC (8 minutes)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_qRZS_aH-o&feature=plcp[/ame]

Last edited:
first post ever!

practise makes perfect with olympic lifting. it took me about a year (with very limited coaching - they had no idea what they were talking about) to learn how to do the clean properly and i at this i was going it 3 times a week.
it is only in the last couple of months that i have learn't how to do the thigh brush/second acceleration, and my were bruised as hell that first week (conditioning)

i got a pic after the first week, but computer doesn't want to upload it for some reason. but i'll come back in a couple of days. it is pretty goreish to look at.

thanks for posting that second one, Nazzy!

amazing to watch, I'd love to share this with my trainer. She'd love it. I wonder if Fadi would mind?

Fadi?????

"So the first part is strength and the second part is power"
"Yes, never thought of it that way"

OH NO HE DIDN'T