• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Female training/weight loss and breast size

moons

Hi all,

I sent out an email yesterday to mates etc offering to train them (for the experience - I graduate this year). One of the replies I got was from a female friend who has a number of goals, one being to lose some weight, but not from her boobs.

My understanding is that while fat may be lost from the area, breast tissue should be unaffected. Is this correct?

If I'm incorrect, can anyone point out some tips / things I should be doing or not doing in order to minimise this?

I'll be doing further research on my own but figure there might be some trainers experienced with this or some women with experience of their own.

Thanks!

Hi all,

I sent out an email yesterday to mates etc offering to train them (for the experience - I graduate this year). One of the replies I got was from a female friend who has a number of goals, one being to lose some weight, but not from her boobs.

My understanding is that while fat may be lost from the area, breast tissue should be unaffected. Is this correct?

If I'm incorrect, can anyone point out some tips / things I should be doing or not doing in order to minimise this?

I'll be doing further research on my own but figure there might be some trainers experienced with this or some women with experience of their own.

Thanks!

Wow i dont want to benot fat because my boobs will be smaller?
:rolleyes:

Lol, Breast is a different form of adipose tissue isnt it? Its actually a gland mammary gland.

As far as weight loss is concerned well it dpeends on how much they loose how big they are now and their size, if you look at fat girls they generally have big breats.

But is this because they are fat or because they have so much extra oestrogen from all the fat they have? This i dont know..

Wherever the fat went on first, that's where it'll go from last, in general. Short of surgery, you cannot choose where fat will come off.

If you don't know this basic sort of stuff, I'm not sure just what your course is covering.

She's not a big girl now. She had an operation a while ago and wasn't allowed to exercise while she recovered, she just wants to lose what she gained.

I would say we'll be aiming for 5-10kg, probably on the lower end of that spectrum (she's a tiny little thing).

She would be a B cup at a guess, which is probably why she doesn't want to go any lower.

Edit: I know you can't spot reduce. Just double checking with people who have actually dealt with this before.

The mammary gland is one part the fat tissue is another part. As you lose weight you will lose fat in your breasts (men and women are the same just different amounts and structure). Look at female bodybuilders even natural ones, lower fat smaller breasts, same goes with anorexic women. You can not do anything about it but the change in breast size will correspond with the amount of weight they need to lose and also it all depends on how big their breasts are normally, some women hold more fat there and therefore have bigger breasts. Maybe you should talk to her about having perkier breasts due to the training which is a big plus for a lot of women especially as they get older.

Just so you know that was really hard for me to be serious with all the jokes i could have been making.

Breast size will be GREATLY reduced with fat loss, I'm talking many sizes down, as I've found from my female clients.

Maybe Annie could post and let us know how much, Annie has lost over 15kg while getting super strong.

My wife got down to 58kg from 63kg to compete a few years ago, thats not a massive weight loss, but it was a big reduction in breast size.

Not trying to pry but were they of a larger size (cup wise) before losing the weight?

Just wondering if a woman with a smaller size to begin with would expect to see the same relatively drastic change.

EVERY woman will experience reduction in the breasts when she loses fat.

EVERY competetive female bodybuilder has breast implants, which are allowed. The IFBB acknowledges that women have this problem and allow implants, whereas they are illegal for men, though they still get calf and pec implants etc

Did you not learn this? This is basic stuff. Kyle, did they cover this in your course?

We learnt about the anatomy of the breast as part of the reproductive system, it isn't focused on from a training perspective at all.

I suppose I will just have to explain that there will in all likelihood be a reduction in size. Thanks for the advice!

It is the application of the knowledge that isn't taught properly, one thing you can learn from experience as you see it happening and put two and two together.

Not saying that you should train women and stare at their breasts all the time, I would not suggest that to any young man at all.

If you know that spot reduction is impossible, then the flipside must be that spot retention must also be impossible.

Be confident with what you've learned.

my advice would be to train her to lose fat, ask her to measure her breasts weekly.
once she gets to a point where she says ' my breasts are skrinking" then you can ask her " happy with the rest of your body?" she says yes, then you forget fat loss and then try and make her stronger and improve muscle mass (convince her that you can make her look/feel/move better without sacrificing the breasts).
she says no then keep on the fat loss train.

who knows maybe after losing the 10kg her breast wont have shrunk that much.

Last edited:
Give her some pictures and ask her on which she would like to look like. I would use kim kardashian and miranda kerr. Two healthy ladies yet on the opposite scale to each other, maybe add an in betweener like halle berry.

Yes I had to research the pictures just to make sure they suit, its a hard job but someone has to do it.

Ok thats hard you wouldnt turn either of them down...

though kim kardashian is more of a woman, the other resembles a 16yo teenager... depends what your into.

Tell her that a tight body and little breasts go together. It's in proportion and perfect. Get some chicken fillets to fill out clothing.

It's better to have a smoking body and be wishing for bigger cleavage. Than having a body you are unhappy with. There's always boob jobs, although i think natural small breasts are the best looking.

Lots of women complain that their breasts are the first place they lose weight from. I think they are crazy. They don't know how good they have it. My breasts probably weigh 2kilos each. All they are is disgusting fat storage sacks, it's nothing pretty. I would kill for a B or A cup. When i lose weight that's one of the first things i'm fixing. I would do it now but that would just look weird. A fat person with small breasts is unheard of lol.

Out of the Kardashians, i think Kim has the prettiest face but her older sister has the best body. The little petite one that popped out a baby.