• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Flat bench 30cm+ wide

moons

Howdy,

Just wondering if there are any new options on the market for a 30cm (or more) wide flat bench.

I'm looking at the Force USA currently (Force USA Commercial Flat Bench | Strength Equipment) as suggested in a previous thread.

Waiting to hear back re: shipping from GetStrength (HT Heavy Duty Stand-alone Bench - Getstrength.com Store)

Any other options to consider?

Thanks,

Chris

Edit: I've got an adjustable bench, so any such options are out. Looking for a bomb proof flat bench around IPF specs if possible.

How much would two benches cost?

30cm wide, 45cm tall, 1.2m? long with firm grippy pad

The force usa ones are ~530 for two to my door, but I don't remember liking the pad on the force benches we had at PTC Syd.

I think the pads cost me around $150ea, so it would still cost around the same as a force one.

Only advantage would I could make it 30cm wide, make the pad soft or hard and you would keep your money in Australia :)

The best way I could describe it would be like a firm latex matress, lol

The benches you made for PTC Syd I find very squishy (not sure if it's because they're new but I find the material very slippery to), I tend to use either the Pro Power (which is still softer than I'd like) or the old combo rack.. not sure what brand but it's nice and firm.

I don't like the pro-power benches I made for Trent, but that's how he wanted them.

I prefer the combo rack style pad.
Thin and firmer.

The combo at PTC Syd has actually been re-upholstered recently, it's got a lot of cushion but the new material is really grippy so it's still nice to bench on.

But yes, firm and grippy is good :D

PM where you want the $$ and how much