• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

FT SYD samson leg press for samson standing calf raise

akaperon

howdy

old school heavy duty horizontal leg press that takes standard weight plates up for trade for a Samson standing calf raise (if there is one out there)

usual wear, tear and rust for a 20 plus year old machine

can exercise both legs together or separate as there is a removable pin (not pictured) that with connect the foot rests

i have never seen another one of these so i would say it is pretty rare

only the leg press for trade, no weights or anything else in photo

email or pm me what you got
raszagel@hotmail.com

cheers, alex

Attachments

• 20140113_133119.jpg
    20140113_133119.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 75
  • 20140113_133148.jpg
    20140113_133148.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 58
Don't you already have a seated calf raise??

Did not know there was a standing calf raise, any photos of one?

Can't you work calfs on that machine??

Yes i still have the seated one, feel my calves work better doing standing calve raises,

There is a ledge at the bottom of the foot rest so you can't work your calves inn this one, I can do it on my 45deg leg press but I get annoyed taking plates on and off :s

No picts I have seen then at some pcycs that aren't for sale lol

I don't like the position of the plates on that press, the strength curve is all wrong.

The resistance should be minimal at the starting point, and at full extension the the resistance should at maximum.

So at extension the plates must be in the position pictured, I'd guess the resistance would be considerably light?
It wouldn't feel right to me.

Other than that, the leg press pictured is ideally suited to calve work.

The best way to describe it is the plates swing upwards at full extension, sought of curls,

Very comfortable to use as the weight is in front as opposed to on top of you compared to a 45 deg

Ok, Thanks for that info.

Do you have the Samson 45 degree leg press?? I don't use mine as often as I should, but it's also good for calf work. But love having it in my gym, will soon be using it more once my program changes.

If you ever want to sell your seated calf, consider it sold to me, I will take it:)

Will keep an eye out for a standing calf raise. If they have one in the PCYC go and grab a photo of it. Which PCYC still has Samson gear in it??

Our local one has all new fancy machines.

Here is my one:

Yup, I have a Samson 45 deg leg press, similar to yours a bit more robust and adjustable seat, unfortunately I am taking everything to the grave haha but if it changes I will let you know

That machine is actually lager than it looks, looks small in that photo.

Your like me, my stuff will probably be sold off once I die, unless my son grabs it, which I hope he will by then.:p

If you come across another seated calf raise let me know, still looking for one.

….unfortunately I am taking everything to the grave….

But you are trading/selling the leg press??

Do you just want to swap it, or are you interested in selling or swap plus cash??

What deal are you looking for??

I would prefer to trade the leg press but if I get a good offer I will sell it, are you interested Mick?

May be in a few months, if you still have it, we can talk next time I come to Sydney, earliest I can see that happening would be July/August:)

Might have to try it out first.

Did not know there was a standing calf raise, any photos of one?

got a pic for you, i am pretty sure this is a samson one, picture is from a mate who was gonna sell or trade it to me but changed his mind

Attachments

• IMG_5579.jpg
    IMG_5579.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 22